Jaguar Game Reviews - A look back

Started by TL, April 12, 2013, 22:18:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

TL

Here are a few reviews from French magazine Consoles +

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"Here are a few reviews from French magazine Consoles +

Looks like a French version of Mean Machines.

Not sure on that Cannon Fodder score, but then i've hated the game on ALL formats.1st played on Amiga, then bought on Jaguar and it's a very unfair game in places.If your chest deep in water (so sloth like speeds of movement) your hardly best placed to deal with R.P.G's being fired from somewhere off-screen.Hideously over-rated game in my humble view.

Arethius_RGC

I'll see if I can Scan the test of Alien Vs Predator. It was noted 95% the Best Action Games on consoles.

TL

Shadowrunner

I don't actually own Ultra Vortex but I was always under the impression it was a solid fighting game and planned on getting it some day. That score of 15 has me reconsidering though!  :113:  :D

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I don't actually own Ultra Vortex but I was always under the impression it was a solid fighting game and planned on getting it some day. That score of 15 has me reconsidering though!  :3:

TL

Time for the lovely reviews from Ultimate Future Games:

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"Time for the lovely reviews from Ultimate Future Games:

Defender 2000 is honestly the only time you see me use these words in relation to an UFG Jaguar review:

They scored that too highly.

Shadowrunner

I love Defender 2000 so for me they didn't score it high enough  :10:

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I love Defender 2000 so for me they didn't score it high enough  :16:

Rogue Trooper

To me Defender 2000 felt more like an Amiga P.D game-your ship was far too large, over powered.Music was'nt all that, bonus mode dissapointing, graphics from design point of view lacked any sense of style and so forth.Not Minter's finest hour.

TL

More Lynx reviews from UFG:

That utterly disgraceful Missile Command 3D review really angers me!  :14:

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"More Lynx reviews from UFG:

That utterly disgraceful Missile Command 3D review really angers me!  :14:

Syndicate review wound me up, ok it had a pointless 'zoom' mode, but otherwise was still the same, fantastic game, yet gets 68% and yet Theme Park scores higher for being straight port?.

TL