The next "ECCO the Dolphin" adventure game

Started by TL, March 25, 2013, 16:21:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[size=240]The next "ECCO the Dolphin" adventure game[/size]
[size=180]By Ed Annunziata[/size]

[align=center:122qi323][/align:122qi323]

[size=140]The next generation, underwater, action/adventure game by the original Ecco the Dolphin team. 

Players will experience the ocean like never before. The look and feel of this game will be strikingly beautiful and at the same time mysterious and terrifying. The ocean, especially a million years in the future, is the perfect setting for a unique game play experience.

The Big Blue is a new aquatic action adventure game from the team that created Ecco the Dolphin.

Our goal is to create the most beautiful water and lighting effects ever seen. Our team has a lot of experience in this area and we plan to push it to the limit.[/size]

[size=180]Kickstarter Page[/size]

Vyothric

Quote from: "The Laird"Our goal is to create the most beautiful water and lighting effects ever seen.

:28:

Rogue Trooper

They'd be better off designing the camera system from scratch!.Last game i played by them was Jaws Unleashed and all the fun and merriment totally ruined by a shocking camera system.

TrekMD

Quite a loftly goal!  I like dolphins but I can't bring myself to want to support this project.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

TL

I was never a fan of Ecco anyway, but thought I would share the news.

onthinice

Glad you did, Laird! I enjoy the ECCO games. I do not want a remake. I would like an Orca game. Your the Killer Whale beating up on Great Whites and interrupting Surfing contests.

I would Kickstart that type of game.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "onthinice"Glad you did, Laird! I enjoy the ECCO games. I do not want a remake. I would like an Orca game. Your the Killer Whale beating up on Great Whites and interrupting Surfing contests.

Loved the MD Ecco games, Dreamcast ecco looked gorgeous and sounded fantastic (though last i heard Tim Follin was still waiting to be paid by SEGA for his work, lol), but far, far too tough.

Gather the PS2 version was tweaked somewhat to make it a little easier, but never tried and as i said earlier, last game i played by the developer was Jaws, who's vast fun/carnage potential was utterly destroyed by a god awful camera system, plus it was possible to get caught in places you had no way of getting out of.Really needed more play testing before release.

So, maybe the developer oughta give these sorta games a miss until the flaws can be rectified and do a new Cyborg Justice game :-)

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"So, maybe the developer oughta give these sorta games a miss until the flaws can be rectified and do a new Cyborg Justice game :-)

Now that was a game I did love!

Rogue Trooper

Company has sadly folded, so i've no idea who owns the rights etc, but guessing original never sold in the numbers required to greenlight a sequel, crying shame as it was fantastic on MD and i'd have loved to see a sequel on Saturn or better still, Dreamcast!.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Glad you did, Laird! I enjoy the ECCO games. I do not want a remake. I would like an Orca game. Your the Killer Whale beating up on Great Whites and interrupting Surfing contests.

Hmm, that sounds like fun.  ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...