Let's Compare: Spy Vs. Spy

Started by TL, March 22, 2013, 14:56:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

onthinice

I was never aware of so many ports. My friends and I spent lots of time on the C64 version.

In the 1980's we would buy Cracked and Mad magazines. I miss those days.

Rogue Trooper

Only going to comment on the 8 Bit versions (and even then those i've knowledge of..)

Had all 3 games on C64 (and they got weaker with each instalment)

C64 an easy win with A8 next up, CPC looks nice and colourful, sound fx tad harsh (and not overly keen on A8 music now i mention audio), Speccy version looks rough, sounds worse.

Love the sprite definition of the MS version, but the spies don't look much like their MAD counterparts, unlike the NES version, but that has horrendous music.

Plus 4 version looked ok, but spies appear seasick, lol.

zapiy

Something about this game that never appealed to me.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"Something about this game that never appealed to me.

Same.

I had it on the Spectrum but could just never get into it.

zapiy

Yeah, a few of my mates loved it in a bizarre way, me I was more freaked out lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Another game I've never played.  I'm surprised there are these many versions of it!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Another game I've never played.  I'm surprised there are these many versions of it!

There are numerous sequels too.

The games were done by First Star Software who also created Boulderdash.

Rogue Trooper

Arcade mag's review of GBC version 4/5.2-Player mode via the link-up cable praised indeed.