Let's Compare Spy Hunter

Started by TrekMD, March 17, 2013, 21:23:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue Trooper

Bit random, but here goes:

Ed Bartlett (designer at Bitmap Bros), claims Excel 2000 has an easter egg in the form of a Spy Hunter style game, though he's never seen it.

Anyone else ever heard this claim? (he also said Excel'97 had a basic 3D Flight Sim easter egg).

Cryptic33

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Bit random, but here goes:

Ed Bartlett (designer at Bitmap Bros), claims Excel 2000 has an easter egg in the form of a Spy Hunter style game, though he's never seen it.

Anyone else ever heard this claim? (he also said Excel'97 had a basic 3D Flight Sim easter egg).
Yes, I played it (at work lol) it isn't too bad either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZfuwsvIFQ <-- YouTube link showing the game. :)
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: &quot;Cryptic33&quot;
Quote from: &quot;Rogue Trooper&quot;Bit random, but here goes:

Yes, I played it (at work lol) it isn't too bad either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZfuwsvIFQ <-- YouTube link showing the game :)

That looks pretty neat1

Cryptic33

Quote from: &quot;Rogue Trooper&quot;
Quote from: &quot;Cryptic33&quot;
Quote from: &quot;Rogue Trooper&quot;Bit random, but here goes:

Yes, I played it (at work lol) it isn't too bad either. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZfuwsvIFQ <-- YouTube link showing the game :)

Anyone else seen this?
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Brilliant, would love to know how to get it to work?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Cryptic33

Quote from: &quot;zapiy&quot;Brilliant, would love to know how to get it to work?
Sorry? I did post a link to Youtube which shows you how. However it does depend on which version of Excel you have but the vid explains that :) There are different Easter eggs in different versions of MS Office except 2010 and 365 where they prevented this.

Rogue Trooper

Thread bump, but Arcade Magazine:2 things to mention:

1)In the Timewarp feature (looking at June'85) Speccy Spy Hunter is mentioned with them claiming it recived the following at review from Your Spectrum 1/5 2/5 and 2/5, but don't say what ratings are (i'd guess it's graphics, sound+overall?).

Reviews wise:The GBc version gets 2/5 (it's reviewed as the double pack with Spy Hunter/Moon Patrol)

they say it's a poorly coded version, as controls are far too unresponsive and if you hold down any direction for too long, you'll spin off into oblivion and this is made worse by enemy cars bouncing around all over the shop.

TL

Quote from: &quot;Rogue Trooper&quot;Thread bump, but Arcade Magazine:2 things to mention:

1)In the Timewarp feature (looking at June'85) Speccy Spy Hunter is mentioned with them claiming it recived the following at review from Your Spectrum 1/5 2/5 and 2/5, but don't say what ratings are (i'd guess it's graphics, sound+overall?).

In Your Spectrum 3 people used to do mini reviews of each game, a lot like EGM did much later on.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: &quot;The Laird&quot;
Quote from: &quot;Rogue Trooper&quot;Thread bump, but Arcade Magazine:2 things to mention:

In Your Spectrum 3 people used to do mini reviews of each game, a lot like EGM did much later on.

Ahhh.wish they'd said that.

Huge fan of the 2 or more reviewers take on game reviewing, used to get a far more balanced look at a game.Zzap 64 did it and it worked great, hence Delta missing a Sizzler for example, as team could'nt agree.

TrekMD

Here is another video comparing the various versions of the game...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...