Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 3002 times)

Offline resident paul

• View Profile
Hello Everyone!
« on: March 10, 2013, 17:08:34 PM »
Just like hi to everyone as some of you know me from RG & I am a bit fed up of trying logged on their forum & the threads are getting quite boring!

I know this of this site thanks to Greyfox via facebook!

As some of you will know I a big fan of the Resident Evil series except 5 & maybe 6 as I feel it is more like Call of Duty than a Resident Evil games!

Also I'm into films & try to show the first trailers via You-tube link & hope not to offend the mods by doing this!

I do collect other retro gaming stuff from spectrum to present day stuff & hope chat about it in the forum.

Offline TL

• View Profile
Re: Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2013, 17:11:14 PM »
Welcome to RVG!

Great to have you here Paul, hope you enjoy the place!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2013, 17:11:33 PM »
Hello and welcome, hope you like our little homage to the retro scene.

We have a film and tv forum so feel free to post trailers on there.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Online TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 17:13:11 PM »
Welcome aboard!  We have an Entertainment section on or forum precisely for stuff like movie previews.  :)
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 18:02:34 PM »
Welcome mate.good to have you on board over here.

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 18:18:22 PM »
Delighted you finally made it over, your a hard one to nudge, but believe it, it will be worth it, we have some great stuff here and a very very friendly community here, there will no trolling or bailing going on here, plus the bonus, the site doesn't continually be down either  :103:

And don't be a stranger, after 50 posts a treasure chest is opened .

All the best
Grey

Offline nakamura

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 20:45:20 PM »
If you want to talk anything about Resident Evil feel free to start a topic. I love the series!

Welcome over here. We are ticking over nicely with a variety of topics and stand for no shit. The more the better. :D

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2013, 01:23:17 AM »
Welcome  :D

Offline Spector

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2013, 22:47:20 PM »
Welcome, Resident Paul! The grim reaper of Retro Gamer hahaha  ;D
DEATH TO SUGAR

Offline Katzkatz

• Reviewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2013, 07:06:49 AM »
Welcome.  You have joined us.  Now you can educate us on the Resident Evil games.  Have fun. 

Offline onthinice

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2013, 16:19:00 PM »
Hello and Welcome!

Offline DZ-Jay

• Developer
    • View Profile
    • http://www.CarolVsGhost.com
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »
Quote from: "resident paul"
Just like hi to everyone as some of you know me from RG & I am a bit fed up of trying logged on their forum & the threads are getting quite boring!

As some of you will know I a big fan of the Resident Evil series except 5 & maybe 6 as I feel it is more like Call of Duty than a Resident Evil games!

Also I'm into films & try to show the first trailers via You-tube link & hope not to offend the mods by doing this!

I do collect other retro gaming stuff from spectrum to present day stuff & hope chat about it in the forum.

Welcome!  I am a big fan of the Resident Evil games, and have played them all until 5, which I started recently.  I'm not big fan of it, because it feels like a rehash of RS4, which I loved (Spanish speaking zombies? Bring'em on!)

dZ.

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2013, 10:21:29 AM »
Quote from: "DZ-Jay"

Welcome!  I am a big fan of the Resident Evil games, and have played them all until 5, which I started recently.  I'm not big fan of it, because it feels like a rehash of RS4, which I loved (Spanish speaking zombies? Bring'em on!)

dZ.

Res.Evil 5's DLC does make an attempt to return in part to the series roots, but i've played through game twice now and it's really little more than a weaker Res.Evil 4, running on more powerful hardware with some awful A.I routines for your fellow character.

Also, technically, these are'nt Zombies in the Res.Evil style as they are'nt returned from the dead/animated by a virus, but controlled by a parasite, so capable of a lot more motor functions than a shambling corpse :-)

Offline resident paul

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2013, 17:46:48 PM »
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Quote from: "DZ-Jay"

dZ.

Res.Evil 5's DLC does make an attempt to return in part to the series roots, but i've played through game twice now and it's really little more than a weaker Res.Evil 4, running on more powerful hardware with some awful A.I routines for your fellow character.

Also, technically, these are'nt Zombies in the Res.Evil style as they are'nt returned from the dead/animated by a virus, but controlled by a parasite, so capable of a lot more motor functions than a shambling corpse :-)

The reason I starting to dislike the series especially 5 & maybe 6 because the lack of the puzzle element in the games mind you Resi 4 didn't had much puzzles either!

Offline Rogue Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2013, 18:02:36 PM »
so far, only played demo.of Res.Evil 6 and that was enough!

Seemed to be a mix of game styles from gears of war etc, with nothing of it's own.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal