Greetings!

Started by guest4724, February 22, 2013, 02:59:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dcultrapro

I wouldn't worry to much mate, not all of us on here are from RG and so we don't know what's been going on, I'm from the Dreamcast side of the world and I can't even remember why I popped on RG, I think I was looking into something Atari related and found a thread that had some info I needed, I joined up and within a few days Laird pm-ed me and told me about this place, pretty much shifted over here straight away! It only takes one person to hold a grudge and take offense to something for everything to devolve into arguments... shame when some forums get like that. still nevermind!
Ultrapro on xbox live

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "markopoloman"I really don't get that though. I wasn't fully aware of the amount of hate CHiptune was gaining tbh! It is only through The Lairds PM to me over there that I found out about the pitch forks being waved over here  :P

I'm loathe to de-rail this thread, but...

Chiptune, asked for forgiveness for his 'sins' as Popcorn/Karnov, forum granted it and since then? he's treated RG like his personal playground and honestly has been allowed to get away with blue murder.He needs some professional help with his anger and people skills.Personal insults like the C-word, however phrased have NO place on any forum, let alone one representing a professional publication.

The irony about slagging RG off on here was that, IF you dared leave anything but positive feedback about an issue on the specific feedback thread, on RG, you'd get shot down by the forums personal guard (not like they wrote article or paid for our subs), so here was the ONLY place we COULD seemingly (openly) discuss the mag, let alone the forum.

I was shot down on another forum (not here or RG) for daring to point out, in a constructive way, that Nintendo actually were'nt 1st with a lot of things they get credit for (touch screen on hand held, ang.stick etc, in terms of console gaming), but what are you supposed to do? let things that are'nt factual, go un-corrected and thus further spread the false claims?.

It's a catch-22 situ, but as long as your clear it's NOT a personal attack, but O.P might want to look at such and such a site and might see something he or she had previousily been unaware of, then there's no harm in pointing out the facts, i'd have thought.

zapiy

I agree, this site in terms of how i personally want it is not slagging of point. It happens here and there and i see it as venting but more than that i certainly don't want, no matter how much someone dislikes someone else.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

To be honest most of the slagging of RG Forum itself and especially Chiptune goes on in the RG chatroom on a Sunday and many of the people who frequent it aren't even members on here.

We have the odd little rant in the chatbox here but for the most part we don't really care. We can actually have intelligent discussions here without them being de-railed by an idiot, that is all that matters. We just all want to talk about the hobby we love right?

guest4724

Yeah, wish I could make the chat room sessions - but I work every Sunday night  :-[

Spector

Who let him in here??!!?? The decline continues!!

:D

Welcome to the board, Mr Polomint. Hopefully in time we can make you understand why the Spectrum and not the C64 was in fact king of the 8 bits!

Oh and as for the Chiptune thing, I realise some people will see it as offensive, but I thought his "See You Next Tuesday" rant was pretty funny. I do find the guy quite amusing tbh ;D
DEATH TO SUGAR

Crusto

Where did he use that word? Was it in general terms or aimed directly at another forumite?
Bitches leave

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "Crusto"Where did he use that word? Was it in general terms or aimed directly at another forumite?
It was in response to Koopa42 on RG thread.

I know some find his tantrums amusing, but the whole-Look how angry and sweary i am, got very stale, very quickly, plus, no matter what a personal opinion of RG forum is, at the end of the day, it's a public forum for the magazine, not a closed off, private playground.

Not so much offensive, just ignorant sort of post really, he's made no bones about winding people up on there and i'm sure MPM has far better things to do with his time than chase up bickering and the like.

Crusto

Too true, chippy can be a bit abrasive at times.
Bitches leave

nakamura

Marko.

Polo.

Marko....

Polo.

:D

guest4724

Katzkatz

Hi there MPM.  Welcome. 

Cryptic33

For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

DZ-Jay

Quote from: "markopoloman"Hi everyone.....

Looking at the names here, some know me, some may not... some may know of me  :P

C64 is king of the 8-bits, Amiga is King of the 16-bits and the PC is king forever after.
Consoles are toys. (except the PC engine and NeoGeo).
Modern gaming is 90% done on PC, 7% on Wii-U and 3% on Eggbox360!!

Whoa! Them's some fighting words, fella! ;)

Welcome, nonetheless.

dZ.

onthinice