The Atari 2600 VCS Thread

Started by TL, February 20, 2013, 20:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llayboy

I've played the standard arcade version and as everyone will probably say I love the sounds in the arcade one. Especially the dialogue like "get the humanoid!"

TrekMD

That 2600 version has the voice quotes.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Lorfarius

Been keeping an eye out for a nice bundle of cheap games on eBay today. There's a lot of rubbish out there!

TrekMD

WiggyDiggyPoo

There's a 2600 woody, collection only, just near me starting at a tenner. Frankly it'd be rude not to bid so I'll see what happens nearer deadline

zapiy

Nice one fella, keep us informed on this. :113:

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Quote from: "WiggyDiggyPoo"There's a 2600 woody, collection only, just near me starting at a tenner. Frankly it'd be rude not to bid so I'll see what happens nearer deadline
When does it end?

WiggyDiggyPoo

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "WiggyDiggyPoo"There's a 2600 woody, collection only, just near me starting at a tenner. Frankly it'd be rude not to bid so I'll see what happens nearer deadline
When does it end?
Tomorrow morning when I'm on my way to work.... I'll put a bid in a see what happens, not desperate for it.

TrekMD

TrekMD

Just saw this Head to Head video comparing Pole Position and Enduro on the 2600.  Cool to see these games compared this way...

TrekMD

Had anyone seen this before?  I just learned that there was a 2600 version of Crack'Ed that was developed but never released.  Here is a video of this version.  Unlike the 7800 version, this has only three areas...

TrekMD

This is a cool video looking at the artwork on the Atari 2600 game boxes.  Check it out...

Saturn

Quote from: "TrekMD"
This is a cool video looking at the artwork on the Atari 2600 game boxes.  Check it out...

That was a great video! Made me see the box art in a completely new light.
I remember as a youngster drooling over the boxes and what kind of awesomeness the game inside could hold, (but in some cases the box was better than the game lol) then tearing into it as soon as I got home. Pitfall II Lost Caverns and Joust being my favorites. Nice to see someone going to all this JUST for the appreciation of! (could've gone the rest of my life without seeing him dance at the end though :P

TrekMD

Yes, Atari really did some great artwork for the games and let us use our imaginations.  :)

TrekMD

Here's a review for the Atari 2600 Jr from Classic Game Room...