The Atari 2600 VCS Thread

Started by TL, February 20, 2013, 20:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I have always loved Beamrider, definitely one of the most under rated Activision games!

TrekMD

Agreed.  I think it is an excellent game as well. 

davyk

Only played this for the first time this week. Excellent game. Too early to say but could be among my favourite shooters on the Atari.

TrekMD

Glad you're enjoying it!  How come you hadn't played it before?

davyk

Don't know. Just never really fancied it. Was downloading some PAL60 ROMS from atariage onto my Harmony cartridge and gave it a try and played it for an hour straight...Have been playing it on and off all week.

Amazing achievement on the 2600 - doesn't look like a typical Activision 2600 game either which is interesting.

TrekMD

Well, good that you discovered it!  :)

TL

[align=center:3cpdv7d1]Retro Asylum have been doing some Atari 2600 reviews recently:

Andy does a Unboxing video

Jungle Hunt - Atari 2600

Keystone Kapers - Atari 2600[/align:3cpdv7d1]

TrekMD

Metal Jesus has just done a video on what is probably my most favorite Atari 2600 add-on, the Starpath Supercharger...

TL

Cool video! I have still never played any of the SuperCharger games  :20:

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Cool video! I have still never played any of the SuperCharger games  :20:

No?  You never got a SuperCharger?  They are getting harder to find and it seems the best way to get the games now is with the Stella Has a New Brain CD.  You can play them using the Stella emulator to get a taste.

davyk

The Harmony cartridge supports Supercharger games too.

bogstandard

I've successfully converted my Stranglehand game to run on the Starpath Supercharger.  I use my PSP to play back the audio file.  Good times!

TrekMD

Quote from: "theloon"I've successfully converted my Stranglehand game to run on the Starpath Supercharger.  I use my PSP to play back the audio file.  Good times!

I'm working on converting all the files from the tapes into MP3 files to store them in a small player I got just for this.  :)

bogstandard

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "theloon"I've successfully converted my Stranglehand game to run on the Starpath Supercharger.  I use my PSP to play back the audio file.  Good times!

I'm working on converting all the files from the tapes into MP3 files to store them in a small player I got just for this.  :)

I hope that experiment works.  Please report back when you get results.  I left the audio .WAV myself.