Atari 7800 Thread

Started by TL, January 31, 2013, 15:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

There is a POKEY version of Pac-Man Collection at Atari Age but no POKEY games are being sold right now due to some sort of glitch that is being fixed.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

davyk

Yeah - had heard of the POKEY version. The sound doesn't bother me that much. The main problem with it is it's the PAL version and going by the sound it wasn't adjusted for speed sadly. Still plays well - it's a highly addictive cartridge because of the different variations on offer that are nicely implemented via the option menu.  You find yourself trying loads of different modes - I rarely stick to one variation!  :)

HDN

I probably won't spend the money on Pac-Man collection. I mean, it's really cool and all, but I'll spend most of my time just playing Ms. Pac-Man. I don't mind the OG 7800 version and I don't need the update on the Collection or the speed hack.

davyk

Quote from: HDN on October 24, 2020, 16:26:38 PM
I probably won't spend the money on Pac-Man collection. I mean, it's really cool and all, but I'll spend most of my time just playing Ms. Pac-Man. I don't mind the OG 7800 version and I don't need the update on the Collection or the speed hack.

Yeah - unless you are totally nuts about Pacman sticking with the original is probably a good bet. I only got it out of interest and wasn't able to find a copy of the original at the time.

TrekMD

More Atari 7800 Prototypes.  Video by Classic Gamer74...

HDN

Any fans of Desert Falcon here? It seems to be one of those “love it or hate it” games.
Me? Love it. Which is strange given my thoughts on a lot of OTHER isometric games.

TrekMD

I love it!  It's not an easy game but it is one that I love in the system.  I have a printed sheet with the glyphs so I know what to pick up! 

zapiy

I was never a fan, I guess some games just never appealed to me.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Here's a nice video review of the 7800.  Check it out...

davyk

I use my 2600 and 7800 via a VCR too. Makes for a better picture as the Sony VCR has a better tuner than my Samsung CRT.

I still play 7800 Asteroids and Centipede - great ports. Food Fight is a great game on the 7800 too.

davyk

btw....here's two REALLY old videos I made , capturing 7800 footage of my games. Image quality isn't great - it was my first attempt at doinf this.

I have since sold some of these but I've no real regrets. I still have DK, Centipede , Food Fight and Pacman Collection. Asteroids is built into the console. I probably should have kept Joust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTUHK0Q7hkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S3bA055T6k

TrekMD

Asteroids and Centipede are awesome, particularly with the cooperative two-player games!