Let's compare Miner 2049er

Started by TrekMD, January 28, 2013, 19:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Rogue Trooper

The Atari 800 version was 1 of the 1st (and only given the prices!) cartridge games i had for my 800XL (along with Mountain King) and damn i loved this game.

It's sequel, Bounty Bob Strikes back actually used the Atari version in Zzap 64's C64 review (although review did make this clear).

Fantastic to see this game brought up for comparison.

TrekMD

And this is a game that was never in the arcades.  :)  That's one reason I though it'd be cool to post it. 

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "TrekMD"And this is a game that was never in the arcades.  :)  That's one reason I though it'd be cool to post it.
Outstanding choice my friend.

Any more ideas lurking on the back burner?.

Love to see a few more games i'm familar with on 8 Bit micro, but never seen on console, appearing on here.

TrekMD

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Quote from: "TrekMD"And this is a game that was never in the arcades.  :)

onthinice

Great video! This one were the Coleco version shines!

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"
Quote from: "TrekMD"And this is a game that was never in the arcades.  :)

:-) PM sent.

Huge thanks in advance, even just for asking.

108 Stars

Interesting video. I only ever played the VCS version, so I am surprised how differen the others are. I presume the slides still appear in the other versions, but in later levels?

I think homebrewers today could really do a version for the 2600 that looks very close to the other ones.

I am a bit puzzled as to why the sprites flicker like hell on the japanese computers; and the Apple II version is way too fast.

The GameBoy version looks neat, but with the zoomed in view it is barely worth calling a port, more like another game with similar basic mechanics. Much like the Nintendo-versions of Lode Runner it looks nice, but is a problem for gameplay.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan