What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RetroPlays

@zapiy yea defo, I'll link a video here, skip to 4.20 he shows the nes version for a lap and then 1 lap on the cdi, it explains it better than I could lol - https://youtu.be/QzpbWCJ3-MU

For me anything before the Ps2 is retro but of course Everton what's their own idea of retro too lol

onthinice

Used to rent the NES version. Great game. My favorite is the SNES version. Is cool the CD-i had a version. Bought a CD-i new just to play Axis and Allies. Sold it cause it did not get much use. Might have to get another one just to play Micro Machines.

One of the few games I have tried to find boxed for each system. The N64 version has been the hardest because most are missing the included Micro Machines car.

RetroPlays

^yea it's a game I can't pass up if I see it available, same with the board game cluedo lol

Shadowrunner

Spent a couple hours playing the Colecovision today. Lady Bug, Mouse Trap, and Zaxxon and then I tried a few homebrew games including a great version of Tetris and a port of the MSX Goonies game. The Goonies game actually has the Cyndi Lauper theme song playing throughout which is pretty cool.

TrekMD

Nice. Very appropriate as today Coleco had a convention (in fact, for the weekend) which was a dismal failure.  With all the bad press they've had recently, I'm not surprised.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Yeah I saw a short video someone made while looking around the show and the turnout was terrible! LOL That's what they get for pissing off the people who kept the brand alive for so many years.

TrekMD

Exactly!  Very sad they chose to piss off their base.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Playing tons of DOOM on the Jaguar.
Over the last 8 months it's been nearly nonstop. I can officially say this is the game I've played the most in my life.
I'm converting my 79th map/level right now and having a blast.
This version of DOOM is outstanding 8)

Vadergb

After tidying my game room/office I've played loads of Colecovision which I loved followed by Master System. New Zealand Story, Rainbow Islands and Ghosts and Ghouls are all great conversions. GNG's difficulty setting is slightly lower than most ports which makes the game more playable in my opinion. Finally got my arcade cabs ready in my extension by putting the on some carpeting. I then went and played Lady Bug, Burger Time and Mr Do on my 60 in 1 jamma board no doubt related to the Colecovision earlier on I the week.

JoeMusashi

Master System and arcade gaming on a Friday night sounds ace!
I'd be tempted into a few rounds of Bomb Jack or Juno First if my cab was up and running....
The last Master system game I played was Castle if Illusion.
GnG has seen some great poets over a few systems,a generally great game but rock hard. Especially for someone as shit at games as me, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shadowrunner

Some great games you're all playing. I fired up my NG AES after work today and played Miracle Adventure and Real Bout Fatal Fury. Really getting back into retro games lately and loving it!

Saturn

Saw a top ten list of best N64 games and WWF No Mercy was on it. I was the master on Wrestlemania 2000 back in the day and had never played this so taking it for a spin.
Looks a lot different than W2K. Hope it's as good! 8)

Saturn

OMG love it! Just submitted Taka Michinoku using Kane LMAO. Wow, the cast of characters is so outdated.
Can't believe I missed this back then.  :D :D :D

Shadowrunner

Saturn

I'm having a blast with this one. Currently in season 2 of whichever mode I'd picked and in the Royal Rumble. Made a save state part of the way through, got tossed over the top rope and restored to continue for the win.... eventually. I still have 19 entrants to go and have been tossed out a few more times since. Now saving after each opponent goes over. Going to be a long trek to the end of this pay-per-view but well worth it I think.
Can't wait to see what's next! Loving these characters too. Some names I haven't seen in forever. Like Steve Blackman-and I was shocked to find Chris Benoit in there too. I bet the WWE regrets that one! :D

What a gem