What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

It's awesome! I just got home and burned it to CD. Going to hit a game before mowing.
It says "Memory Track Not Found" on the cool intro screen. That bay door is sliding up and down in timed intervals revealing the current high score list. :)

Sam_P

Finally got Rayman back from leaving it at my girlfriends house. Had great fun playing through it again.

davyk

Twin Hawk , Hellfire and Super Fantasy Zone for Megadrive.

3 lovely STGs.

Saturn

Installed Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit over the weekend and just got Fusion set up. Naturally, the first game I tested was the hacked version of Soul Star I made. 8)

Shadowrunner

MadCommodore

Uridium on the Atari ST. I have worked out that to play the game at an identical to speed as the original Commodore 64 version you need to run it with an emulated speed of 32mhz 68000 CPU :)

At this point it is very playable actually, but at an emulated 16mhz it is still to slow to be the test of lightning reactions Andrew Braybrook intended it to be.

Saturn

Been giving 2048 for Atari Jaguar some time today. Beat my previous score by a ton but man this gets frustrating lol. Was trying desperately to combine those two 128's but clogged the board. Great game! Just wish there was a cart run on this baby :113:

vandro

I ahve been giving Mission Impossible on the N64 a go, having recently acquired it cheap off ebay. Finding it quite a challenge.

Saturn

Tearing up some Llamatron in Virtual Jaguar. This is one of my favorite recent conversions and hoping there's a cart run :113:

TrekMD

I've never played that.  It's a clone of Robotron, right?

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Yes, complete with the sounds and visuals expected from a Jeff Minter game :113:

Saturn

I've set up scanmem with Game Conqueror (as its gui) in Ubuntu so enjoying some cheating in Fusion atm :21: :

Level 2 mid-boss. The kangaroo from Tekken?:

Level 2 mid-bosses. The jester's name is Bruce lol:

Current stage 3 or 4, can't remember. Anyway, riding on a horizontal moving platform 8) :

Saturn

Switched over to some more Llamatron. Bagged my all-time high score 8)

Saturn

Went back to finish Streets of Rage 3. Never did see the character mentioned in the other thread but here's more shots from this awesome but seemingly impossible game:

Had to fight 3 iterations of this guy. Plus, you had to take his health meter all the way down just to reveal a secondary health meter. So, fought him six times to win once. WTF

No way I coulda done this without cheats :0

Now there's a morbid lookin fella:

Defeated and exploding(?)

And he's dead 8)

Took out another level boss at a press conference lol

Typical '90s 'Flash Gordon' ending

Couldn't really change letters with that cheat on so best I could do was BAA