What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

I played Checkered Flag on the Jaguar tonight :)

avick

No problem at all. At least it makes it slightly more playable!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Saturn

That's great! I haven't messed around much with the patched version but glad to hear it offers some help. I'll give it a more in-depth spin in Virtual Jaguar. Speaking of which, I played the original ROM a couple months ago and was able to dominate some of the tracks. Either VJ has slow down with the file or it was the 2.4Ghz processor on my laptop not being able to keep up with the program but the pace was a lot slower and that helped with steering. Maybe a combo with the patch could make it work even better. Great info :113:

Sam_P

I've seriously neglected my retro games since picking up a PS4, but I've spent a few hours playing through some Canis Canem Edit/Bully last night.

Great fun throwing down some marbles and letting a fire alarm off...  :24:

Saturn

Have been playing & finally beat Double Dragon 5 on Atari Jaguar using Dominique :13:

My opponents:

Saturn

Saturn

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Sam_P"I've seriously neglected my retro games since picking up a PS4, but I've spent a few hours playing through some Canis Canem Edit/Bully last night.

Great fun throwing down some marbles and letting a fire alarm off...  :21:

Quote from: "Saturn"The ending sequence.. :(

Great job Saturn! That's a game I don't have, is it as bad as everyone says it is?

Saturn

Thanks!
While not particularly loving the fighting genre, I've found DD5 to be fun. Took more time than I wanted to spend learning moves but I don't think it's as bad as its reputation. (But, I like Trevor McFur too so my opinion/taste may be different than most.)
I'd be playing right now in Virtual Jaguar if I knew how to compile the source in Linux :) It can be addictive.

TrekMD

Congratulations, Saturn!  So, you controlled a PE teacher through a fighting game. What did it feel like?  ;) 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

Thanks! It was every bit as difficult as one could imagine lol. I picked Dominique bc she looks hot in that get-up.
The ending ruined it for me though lol. Might try another character and see if it's any better. That's wishful thinking, I know :)

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Sam_P

Ever since I got my PS4, my retro gaming has taken a back seat unfortunately, though I have on/off been playing through Fallout 2, as well as good ol' Destruction Derby 2.