What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Saturn"Been playing and finally beat Val D'Isere Skiing & Snowboarding on Compete/Snowboard/1 Player. Still need to repeat on the skis but this one was a blast. Not the greatest ending in history but good enough :p

Good job, that's a game I need to play more.

I fired up my Jag tonight and played Ruiner and AUSWEICHMANÖVER. Thanks @Der Luchs  :) Your game is fun, my high score so far is 152!

Saturn

Great score! Took me a few tries to get the controls down but I played quite a bit when mine arrived 8)

Shadowrunner

And that's an even better score, looks like I need to practice!

deKay

3D Streets of Rage 2. It's great and all, but the music isn't a patch on the original :(

Saturn

Playing the heck out of Breakout 2000! Also seems to be my 'go to' game when I have a few minutes.
Only wish there was a version without the robots so I wouldn't have to constantly adjust the controller to press * + # in the middle of some intense action to get rid of 'em.
Awesome game 8)

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "deKay"3D Streets of Rage 2. It's great and all, but the music isn't a patch on the original :113:

Quote from: "Saturn"Playing the heck out of Breakout 2000! Also seems to be my 'go to' game when I have a few minutes.
Only wish there was a version without the robots so I wouldn't have to constantly adjust the controller to press * + # in the middle of some intense action to get rid of 'em.
Awesome game :)

Saturn

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I'm not sure why but I've never been a huge fan of Breakout 2000. I play it once in a while but I like Tempest and Defender 2000 a lot more. I know a lot of people don't like D2K though so I'm in the minority on this one :P
Love T2K! That's another go-to game that stays inserted in my kiosk's Jag pretty much forever. Been playing an infinite lives hacked version created with JiFFI. Using Dio's T2K Emu's save state feature makes it easy to keep advancing without the repetitive time investment.
Project Tempest v0.5 works great too and has customizable keys along with the state saves (so the setup isn't backwards like Dio's.)

Saturn

Been playing Soccer Kid for the Atari Jaguar off and on for years and finally beat it. :4:
In typical fashion, the ending wasn't great. The guy pulled 2 fish and a ball out of his pockets then shrugged lol.

Here are some passwords I picked up along the way:
CFSRTPMSKPMP (Italy?)
DFTRTMNSNMQM (Russia?)
CFTRTMTSSNBM (Russia?)
DFQRTTMSJTLT (Japan?)
CFQRTTLSGTJT (Japan?)
CFRRTDHFDKFK (USA?)

Now playing Dragon: Bruce Lee Story on Atari Jaguar!

Saturn

Just beat Bruce Lee on the Jag. Man, pulling off that necktie to finish the game was HARD!
My timing was terrible. Then the ending was just a sun and Bruce Lee doing moves in front of it lol. :13:

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Yes congrats, I've never had the patience to play Bruce Lee all the way to the end!

I fired up the TG16 tonight for the first time in a while. Played Mr. Heli and Galaga 88.

Saturn

Quote from: "TrekMD"Cool, congrats!
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yes congrats, I've never had the patience to play Bruce Lee all the way to the end!
Thanks amigos, fighting games are probably my least favorite genre but I couldn't skip it forever :113:

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Saturn"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I fired up the TG16 tonight for the first time in a while. Played Mr. Heli and Galaga 88.
That sounds like a blast. Used to love me some Galaga 88.
My TurboGrafx 16 is boxed away somewhere but I'm getting that need to dig it out and take it for a long overdue spin. I've never played Mr. Heli. Will have to acquire it (in some fashion) and check it out. :)

Saturn

In the wee hours of the morning I played Haunted House, River Raiders and Adventure on the Atari 2600. Was trying to remember the game I played so much in 1986 but was unable to. After a quick search found that it was Ghost Manor! Will be playing it tonight. Can't believe how long it's been.
My all time favorite is Pitfall 2 Lost Caverns. Made it through many times as a youngster without getting hit even once. Wanted to accomplish that again but time may be spread too thin to get that good again.
Excellent system 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Ben

I've been going through my Saturn import collection again lately, trying to find good games to add to that list of under-appreciated imports.  I did find another one that is playable, but I don't think it's all that good really, so I won't add it to the list.  It's called Keriotosse!, it's kind of like if Bomberman met Power Stone.  It's an okay game, but the Saturn has a lot of great multiplayer titles already. 
[spoiler]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jTgdh8T4Vg
[/spoiler]