What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Ben

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I downloaded Castlevania: Circle of the Moon on the Wii U virtual console this weekend. I have the GBA cart already but I couldn't resist getting it again. The Wii U gamepad screen is perfect for these old games, love it :113:
I am with you on that 100%.  I really do not get the hate for the Wii U controller, it coupled with the Pro Controller is my favorite set up since the Saturn with its six button pad and the 3D Controller.

llayboy

I've recently got my hands on an iCade and an emulator for my iPad so I've been playing a lot of arcade games recently. I know emulation is seen as a sore spot in gaming but this is the only way I can play arcade games without getting an actual cabinet.

So I've been playing WWF Wrestlefest, Simpsons Arcade Game and Turtles in Time.

TrekMD

obriethe1st

Hi all, i have been playing a lot of Elevator Action Returns on the saturn.I'm loving this game it has a very cool feel to it and the animation is great.However it can be quite frustrating when you suddenly get shot by 3 baddies and you fall off a platform or get crushed by the elevators and have to continue but im determined to 1cc this game :1:
All in all this game was expensive and it is fairly short but it just oozes quality and character and is exactly the reason i originally bought my saturn.

TrekMD

Very cool.  I didn't realize that there was an updated version of the game.  Looks cool.

obriethe1st

Apparently the original is unlockable but seeing as i die just before the final boss i have not unlocked it yet so i think some quality time this weekend is needed :-).

TrekMD

Cool, then best of luck getting there!  :)

Lorfarius

I've been playing Enduro Racer on the Master System a fair bit this week.  I love going back to it, so easy yet incredibly difficult to master at high speeds.

JoeMusashi

Quote from: "Lorfarius"I've been playing Enduro Racer on the Master System.

Is that the isometric one? I have vague memories of playing this at a friends house.
I had the Spectrum version which I'm sure was more like Hang-On but you could jump over logs...

JoeMusashi

Thats what I was thinking of, yeh! Great little game.
And there are buggies in it. I was going to mention those but couldn't be sure if I had dreamt them or not.

Lorfarius

llayboy

Just started playing Link to the Past. Believe it or not it's my first time of playing it.

TrekMD

Quote from: "llayboy"Just started playing Link to the Past. Believe it or not it's my first time of playing it.
Well, I don't even know what system that is for.