What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorfarius

Got my hands on the Everdrive N8 for the Famicom this week.  Been loading it with a lot of translated Fami RPGs, surprising the amount of good games missed.

Vyothric

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Lorfarius

Psycho Fox is a funny old game, I could never work out if it was terrible or really good.  I must have been 8 or9 when my parents bought it for me from Toys R Us.  My parents never had any money back then so it was a big surprise for them to get me anything so expensive (I'm still not sure why they did to this day!)

In the 80's I would tend to get a couple of games around Xmas time if I had a console so had to make it last as long as possible.  My MS was fantastic as I'd managed to pick WonderBoy 3: The Dragon's Trap, Alex Kidd in High Tec World (it was ace, shut up you in the back) and Enduro Racer solely by looking at the artwork and pictures on the box.  I had NES envy at the time but getting these games certainly helped.

Vyothric

Bram Stoker's Dracula (Master System)

Which calls for the AVGN face again.

Also, why is it that the hardest games always have the worst endings that flash by so fast that you almost miss it.

JoeMusashi

Wow! I didn't realise Dracula had such quality sideburns!

TrekMD

Quote from: "JoeMusashi"Wow! I didn't realise Dracula had such quality sideburns!
:21:

Vyothric

TrekMD

Quote from: "Vyothric"Bram Stoker's Dracula (Game Gear)

Since I had the game memorised...

How many times have you played it?!

Vyothric

Quote from: "TrekMD"

Well, only finished it twice now but it took many, many tries to finish it the first time.

I've completed the Mega Drive version too, but the game is different.

TrekMD

onthinice

Quote from: "Vyothric"
Quote from: "TrekMD"

Vyo, are there many differences in the Master System and Game Gear version? The screen shots look the same. I know the Game Gear was a portable Master System.

What I am trying to ask is if you only had one version to choose which would be your first choice? SMS or GG?
Well, only finished it twice now but it took many, many tries to finish it the first time.

I've completed the Mega Drive version too, but the game is different.

Shadowrunner

I downloaded Castlevania: Circle of the Moon on the Wii U virtual console this weekend. I have the GBA cart already but I couldn't resist getting it again. The Wii U gamepad screen is perfect for these old games, love it :113:

TrekMD

Oh, that is cool.  Circle of Moon is a OK.  I prefer Aria of Sorrow.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"Oh, that is cool.  Circle of Moon is a OK.  I prefer Aria of Sorrow.

Yeah, of all the handheld Castlevania games Circle is probably the weakest. I've never finished it though so maybe this is the time :)