What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

Played a load of 2600 games today for no other reason than I was testing a console I had fixed for somebody.

Centipede
Ghostbusters
Circus Atari
Pacman
Pole Position

TrekMD

I've been playing a ton of Vectrex games as I'm writing reviews for them.  Some of the games I played today:
- Spike
- Spike Hoppin'
- Spike's Water Balloons
- Space Wars
- Star Trek

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I played some new TurboGrafx games yesterday and some that I still need to review:

Bonk's Adventure
Dungeon Explorer
Davis Cup Tennis
Cybercore
Deep Blue

AmigaJay

You cant beat a good Bonk! Well I prefer BC Kid!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

Minerals

Been playing Dino Crisis on the DC for the last few hours, classic Survival Horror and proper cheesy dialogue  8)

TL

Played a bunch of Lynx games yesterday:

Megapak 1
Chip's Challenge
S.I.M.I.S
Marlboro Go!
Gates Of Zendocon

Vyothric

Just finished Ultima VII: The Black Gate.

I was quite determined to finish it to see what's so great about it. There are some good things, but also quite a lot of bad - I didn't like the inventory, the jerky movement, constantly having to feed everyone, people not having names above their head other than "shopkeeper" or something and constantly moving around so you can't click on them (if you can find them at all), the map not being annotated.......

It's not a bad game, but with so many things that could have been improved I'm not sure why it's so highly rated.

DEADDOLL666

I've been on
Road rash 3
Chuck rock
Golden axe
And got really addicted to shadow dancer again lol

Console Compulsive

zapiy

Played some speccy games. Kane is simply awesome still.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Minerals

tomwaits

Been playing Metal Slug 5 on the Neo Geo MVS... it's usually bashed as the worst Metal Slug, but it's still a really fun game. I'd rather play a 'bad' Metal Slug than the best Call of Duty. :D

Vyothric

Had some 4 player matches on Power Stone 2 on the DC last night. First time I've played it. It was ace.

Also played some Mario Kart & Wipeout on the N64 and Elite on the Acorn Electron.

zapiy

That's a great game. Wish I could find my version.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Vyothric

Played Robocop on the Spectrum today.

I'm pretty useless at it, but that music....  :P