What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"
Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Great games Trek! For me it doesn't get much more classic than Tetris on the NES  ;)

Oh yeah, there's the rare Tengen version too. Never played it so I'm referring to the Nintendo made version  :)  In fact, a version like Tengen's is being created for the 7800. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Great games Trek! For me it doesn't get much more classic than Tetris on the NES  ;)

Oh yeah, there's the rare Tengen version too. Never played it so I'm referring to the Nintendo made version  :)  In fact, a version like Tengen's is being created for the 7800.

Cool, looking forward to your review. Also great to hear the 7800 is getting a version, every console should have a port of Tetris  :113:

TrekMD

DreamcastRIP

Decided to have a bit of a blast playing some of my old PlayStation games that have been gathering dust for several years -

Colin McRae Rally 2.0 - this used to be the cat's whiskers but now it looks and feels so incredibly dated
Rage Racer - one of my fave arcade racers ever... that's aged quite badly but fun is still to be had
R-Type Delta - great shmup, wish it was easier!
Tekken 2 - still the purest and, for me, the best Tekken game albeit Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is damn impressive too
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TL

Been playing on my new XEGS this afternoon:

Archon - Never played this, seems like a very cool game but need to read the instructions.
Lode Runner - Excellent old school platformer where you have to put real thought into what you do.
Airball - Isometric adventure game that seems pretty boring.
Hard Ball - Hate baseball games and couldn't get anywhere with this.
Missile Command - Superb conversion of the arcade game, was genuinely surprised how fast it plays.
Blue Max - Excellent isometric combat game but rock hard!
Midnight Magic - Very average pinball game, really showing its age.
Necromancer - WOW! This one caught me by surprise, incredibly strange but amazingly alluring too.
Desert Falcon - Very nice Zaxxon clone although not a patch on the superior 7800 version.
Flight Simulator II - Does what it says on the tin, YAWN!
Rescue On Fractulus - Still a highly impressive game to this very day. LucasArts at their best.

onthinice

Quote from: "The Laird"Been playing on my new XEGS this afternoon:

Archon - Never played this, seems like a very cool game but need to read the instructions.
Lode Runner - Excellent old school platformer where you have to put real thought into what you do.
Missile Command - Superb conversion of the arcade game, was genuinely surprised how fast it plays.
Necromancer - WOW! This one caught me by surprise, incredibly strange but amazingly alluring too.
Desert Falcon - Very nice Zaxxon clone although not a patch on the superior 7800 version.
Rescue On Fractulus - Still a highly impressive game to this very day. LucasArts at their best.

Some good games. Archon and Lode Runner are two of my favorites.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "onthinice"
Quote from: "The Laird"Been playing on my new XEGS this afternoon:

Some good games. Archon and Lode Runner are two of my favorites.

Loved Blue Max when i had my A8, but man was it a real bastard in terms of difficulty, never seemed to let up, i can recal getting shot down just when i was trying to land..the runway being bombed as i was attempting to take off, bombing was real case of luck more than my skills (lol).Superb game though, but they so screwed up the sequel! Why on earth set it in a sci-fi future? surely a WWII setting was a more logical setting?.

Airball? yeah technically great, but so bloody frustrating to play, never been a fan of on any format.

Rescue On Fract.Hell yes!!!! A8 is THE version to play if given choice between C64+A8, 1st time a pilot knocked on the hatch i jumped out of my skin!

TL

Tried out a few games I hadn't yet played on the Saturn today:

Tilt - Blatant rip-off of Pinball Fantasies but pretty good all the same.
Marriage - Weird Japanese dating game thing, no idea what was going on!
Sakura Wars - Seems to be some sort of adventure game but it's all in Japanese so no idea.
Bug! - Pretty good game as platformers go.
AMOK - OMG! Why had I never played this before, absolutely stunning game that deserves a lot more attention!

Alberto 2K

I've been playing Virtua Racing on the 32X, still love that game!

Also played some rounds at Last Resort on the AES, great game but I'm really bad at it, couldn't pass the second stage... :P
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

avick

Pulled out the Jag last night and had a bash on Vid Grid, Blue Lightening and Dino Dudes.  On the down side, looks like my AvP cart is hosed   :(

TrekMD

Quote from: "avick"On the down side, looks like my AvP cart is hosed   :(

Dang, that sucks.  Cleaning the contacts didn't help?

avick

Quote from: "avick"On the down side, looks like my AvP cart is hosed   :(

Dang, that sucks.  Cleaning the contacts didn't help?
Not so far, but they going to get cleaned again tonight on the off chance!

TrekMD

Played some Vectrex tonight...

- Vector Vaders
- Gravitrex Plus
- Spike Hoppin'
- Spike's Water Balloons
- Vectris
- Rockaroids
- Patriots

TL

Quote from: "avick"Pulled out the Jag last night and had a bash on Vid Grid, Blue Lightening and Dino Dudes.  On the down side, looks like my AvP cart is hosed   :(

I have never heard of or seen a Jag cart going bad so I would be amazingly surprised if you couldn't get this working.

avick

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "avick"Pulled out the Jag last night and had a bash on Vid Grid, Blue Lightening and Dino Dudes.  On the down side, looks like my AvP cart is hosed   :(