What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

I have been on a real 8-bit trip recently so was playing

Atari 2600

Pengo - Really great conversion of the Sega arcade game even with its annoying music.
Phoenix - Still one of my favourite shooters on the good old VCS, the boss battle is awesome.
Defender II - Exceptional conversion of the coin-op that improves so much on the original version.
Solaris - Now I remember why this is the best game on the machine, had me hooked for over an hour.
Atlantis - A brilliant alternative to Missile Command with some really beautiful graphics.
Millipede - Pure frentic shooting action at its best, this game offers a much better challenge than Centipede.

Atari 7800

Basketbrawl - Havn't played this game in years but I really should have as its a hell of a lot of fun!
Pacman Collection - Wonderful selection of different versions of both the original game and Ms. Pac too.
Klax - Might not be as good as the stunning Lynx version but its still fun to play this game on a big screen.

TrekMD

Through 2600 emulation while traveling:

Pac-Man Arcade Enhanced
Ms. Pac-Man Multi Color
Berzerk Arcade VE
Acid Drop
Defender Arcade

All fun hacks/homebrews!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Through 2600 emulation while traveling:

Pac-Man Arcade Enhanced
Ms. Pac-Man Multi Color
Berzerk Arcade VE
Acid Drop
Defender Arcade

All fun hacks/homebrews!

Good choices!

I love Acid Drop, great Solumns clone. I have it CIB, I think it was one of the very last games to come out for the 2600 and only released in Europe.

zapiy

Bit of Pacman, cant get enough of that.

Atari Lynx Xenophobia and California Games

Hope to find my other games soon lol

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Xenophobia? You being racist again? What have I told you . . . .

:P

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Xenophobia? You being racist again? What have I told you . . . .

:P

I sure hope he meant Xenophobe!  Although, the main character of the game probably has xenophobia!  LOL

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Minerals

TL

Quote from: "Minerals"Ultimate Qix on Megadrive

Great choice! Have I got you hooked on it now?  ;D

TL

I played my new Saturn imports for a while this afternoon:

Space Invaders
Fatal Fury: Real Bout Special
Hat-Trick Hero S
Dead Or Alive

guest4258

SimAnt on the SNES, so simple, so addicting.

TL

Just been playing on the Saturn again:

Hat Trick Hero
Worms
Sega Rally
Tetris

Minerals

Been playing on my Dreamcast today:

Fire Pro Wrestling D
Worms Armageddon
Sonic Adventure 2

TL

Quote from: "Minerals"Been playing on my Dreamcast today:

Fire Pro Wrestling D
Worms Armageddon
Sonic Adventure 2

What's Fire Pro like???

Minerals

Freaking awesome, good roster and easy to play, once i downloaded the 48 page english instructions  :P