What Retro Games Have You Played Recently?

Started by zapiy, January 27, 2011, 17:46:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Quote from: "Vyothric"Daffy Duck: Fowl Play (GBC)

Vyo, are you comfortable using the Super Game Boy adaptor for most games?

onthinice

Quote from: "deKay"Onto Mega Man 3 now. They really expected more of the wee NES with this one, didn't they? So many big sprites at once. So much flickering. So much slowdown...

I have Mega Man 2 and 3 for the NES. They really are a let down.

Vyothric

Quote from: "onthinice"
Quote from: "Vyothric"Daffy Duck: Fowl Play (GBC)

Vyo, are you comfortable using the Super Game Boy adaptor for most games?

I use the Super Game Boy (SNES) for normal Game Boy games and the Game Boy Player (GameCube) for GBC & GBA games.

I prefer the Super Game Boy because the picture quality is sharper. The Game Boy Player isn't actually that great, but I don't have an alternative for playing GBC or GBA games on the TV so it has to do.

onthinice

Thanks!

I was thinking the same thing about the Game Boy Player. I was thinking maybe my choice of games was the cause. I have been impressed the times that I have used the Super Game Boy.

Thanks again!

Shadowrunner

Going a little off topic here, but they do make an adapter that allows you to play GBA games on the SNES. It's a third party accessory and not sure how it would compare to Nintendo's Gamecube Game Boy Player, but maybe it has a better picture.

onthinice

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Going a little off topic here, but they do make an adapter that allows you to play GBA games on the SNES. It's a third party accessory and not sure how it would compare to Nintendo's Gamecube Game Boy Player, but maybe it has a better picture.

I didn't know about it. Do you recall a name for it?

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Going a little off topic here, but they do make an adapter that allows you to play GBA games on the SNES. It's a third party accessory and not sure how it would compare to Nintendo's Gamecube Game Boy Player, but maybe it has a better picture.

I didn't know about it. Do you recall a name for it?

Here's a review of it  :)

Super Retro Advance Adapter Review-Play GBA games on your SNES!-Gamester81

onthinice

Vyothric

The problem with that is it just does composite via the actual device.

Slightly dodgy RGB via the Game Boy Player is still better than composite.

deKay

Quote from: "deKay"Onto Mega Man 3 now. They really expected more of the wee NES with this one, didn't they? So many big sprites at once. So much flickering. So much slowdown...

I've not found that. I've played X, 1, 2 and now 3 in quick succession having never really played them before, and I'm really enjoying them.

However, I can see the formula getting a bit old by 6...

onthinice

Quote from: "deKay"

I've not found that. I've played X, 1, 2 and now 3 in quick succession having never really played them before, and I'm really enjoying them.

However, I can see the formula getting a bit old by 6...

I should have made a disclaimer first. The first Mega Man game I ever tried was Mega Man Legends on the Playstation. Then Mega Man X on the Super Nintendo. So by playing Mega Man 2 and 3 on the NES is was a let down. Maybe if I had played those two first it might have been different. I was in my late teens when I got a NES in 1989 and mostly played arcade, plus some strategy games.

Still playing Pokémon Blue but started a game of Pokémon Red with Mew. Thanks to the creators of the Gameshark. :19:

Shadowrunner

Fired up the Jag today and played Tempest 2K, Defender 2K, Doom, and Super Burnout.