The ColecoVision Thread

Started by TrekMD, January 25, 2013, 20:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Could the new Colecovision by AtGames use some of these titles for future consoles?

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Could the new Colecovision by AtGames use some of these titles for future consoles?

I guess that would depend on whether they'd made a Flashback console with the capabilities of the SGM or not and if they can get the licenses for the games. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

Yeah, maybe AtGames should contact the creators of the SGM and license SGM games for the next Colecovsion. Funny as Coleco licensed to Atari and Intellivision.

Carlos

Happy Birthday 33 this month!

onthinice

I feel old thinking the Colecovison has been around that long.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I feel old thinking the Colecovison has been around that long.

You're not the only one! 

sloan

That shot showing all the levels of DK with SGM reminds me, I bought DK Pie Factory for NES a while back and it is nearly arcade perfect.

TrekMD

onthinice

That video really shows the Colecovsion strong points. Instead of two Turbo carts it would have been nice to see a Time Pilot cart.

TrekMD

Yes, the CV was a cool console.  I'm eagerly waiting for my CV Flashback.  :) 

zapiy

Great video, like you sad it shows what a great little system this was.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

The ColecoVision had a number of Expansion Modules and controllers.  Here is a review of the Super Action Controllers...

[align=center:gnqdo248]Classic Game Room - COLECOVISION SUPER ACTION CONTROLLER review[/align:gnqdo248]

Shadowrunner

When I had my ColecoVision I had a pair of those controllers. They looked cool but I have to agree with the video, they were awkward and really didn't work that well.

TrekMD

I saw some of these when I was at CGE.  I didn't play anything with them but they did feel odd in the hand.  The concept behind them is interesting but the execution falls short.

zapiy

Yeah it looks really awkward to use that's for sure. Still nice to have one in the collection though.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC