The ColecoVision Thread

Started by TrekMD, January 25, 2013, 20:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Oh, having one in a collection is a different story.  :)  They are not easy to find either.  Games that had been programmed for this controller have been hacked to use the standard controller and released by the community so everyone can enjoy them.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

TrekMD

It's been a while since anyone has said anything about the ColecoVision.  Here is this blog which should be an interesting read for fans of the system:  Console of the Month (March 2017) â€" Colecovision

TrekMD

Here is a nice retrospective review of the Colecovision from Crossroads Reviews...

Vadergb

I just got the Colecovision 192-1 for my Coleco from Retro electronik (along with their Vetrex Cart)

http://retroelectronik.com/en/xin1-multigames-cartridge/78-colecovision-192-in-1-multicart-system-3863349509097.html

I quite like changing the games using the dip switches. It feels old school and it feels just like playing a single game.

I got to play a few games - Gyruss, Star Wars and Defender for the system. I had my Hauppauge HDPVR2 setup and recorded me hitting over 600000 on it. The game plays well if a little easy. The radar doesnt seemt to work and there is no high score but I really enjoyed the game.

https://youtu.be/6nWznBAmwoE

TrekMD

That is cool.  Nice multicart!

Shadowrunner

That multicart looks great. I'm tempted to get one myself!

Spector

Quote from: Shadowrunner on July 09, 2018, 02:37:29 AM
That multicart looks great. I'm tempted to get one myself!

Pretty good value for money, but you can't play Pac Man Collection on it! :)
DEATH TO SUGAR

Vadergb

I got it as they had the Vectrex cart pretty cheap too.

The Colecovision doesnt seem to have many options but ebay in the UK. I thought the cart would give me a chance to try before I buy.

I love the system though, shame about the joypads.

TrekMD

This thread has not had any activity for a while.  Here's a video from Player One Start looking at what he considers 10 essential games for the ColecoVision...

TrekMD

More ColecoVision goodness!  This time it's Willie looking at the Expansion Module #1...

TrekMD

Another video looking at some games on the ColecoVision...