Have a spare 15 grand? Jag VR on eBay!

Started by TL, January 21, 2013, 17:10:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

One of the holy grails of Atari collectors is on eBay!

A working prototype of the Atari Jaguar VR helmet, only 2 of these exist and this is the only one that has the finished red & black case design.

It comes with everything including a game to play with it, all yours for just $14,500 (providing you aren't outbid!)

[size=180]eBay Auction![/size]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

If only I was rich, I would be all over that.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Rogue Trooper

Think back in the day, you could buy a full on Virtuality coin-op for $30,000.

Was this the unit that was used in the marketing material i wonder?.

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Think back in the day, you could buy a full on Virtuality coin-op for $30,000.

Possibly but there are a few mock-up units that look like this but have no internals.

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Think back in the day, you could buy a full on Virtuality coin-op for $30,000.

Possibly but there are a few mock-up units that look like this but have no internals.

:-) in looking up the Jag game reviews, found the P.R shot for this, it must be a mock up-there's NO wires coming from the headset.

Wonder If any Sega MD V.R headsets ever popped up on Ebay?

AmigaJay

Yeah gotta be pretty rich to shell out a collectors item, as only 1 game to test, it's hardly much more than that.
Remember looking forward to this and would have picked a Jag up had it came out, but went the same was as the Megadrive one, even the PC ones never took off, hopefully this Rift one funded by Kickstarter gets released soon, looks very good and the price is under $300 for the retail units, I don't care for dizziness, all my life I wanted a decent VR headset at home!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

onthinice

Wonder if someone in China would loan me the money?

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Wonder if someone in China would loan me the money?

They might do it for kidney.

onthinice

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Lol! I'm out of luck.

LOL 

TL

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Item has ended with zero bids  :-

I'm not surprised, honestly.  Maybe they'll relist it a a lower price.

Shadowrunner

Yeah I'm not surprised either. I think if he started out at a reasonable dollar amount a lot of people would bid on it and it very well could get up over $10,000 but to start at $15,000 is a little greedy in my opinion.

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yeah I'm not surprised either. I think if he started out at a reasonable dollar amount a lot of people would bid on it and it very well could get up over $10,000 but to start at $15,000 is a little greedy in my opinion.

Yep, that's about 3 times what he paid for it too.