Mobile Computers:The amstrad NC series.

Started by Carlos, January 20, 2013, 18:46:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlos

[align=center:nk67ut7g][/align:nk67ut7g]

Made a new 7.5v power pack and sourced some new rechargeable batteries, Now I have a working, most excellent amstrad NC200 , I have started to file transfer some BBC basic programs via Tapp cable and hyper-terminal. What a great little system. Even the 3.5" disc drive is operational. And it has its case still!! 

[align=center:nk67ut7g][/align:nk67ut7g]

dougtitchmarsh

Wow, that's a neat little computer for anyones collection.
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

DreamcastRIP

Very nice indeed.

What was it with Amstrad and garish coloured keyboard keys?!
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

onthinice

Good job Carl! That is a neat little computer.

DreamcastRIP

Looks a little like the Cambridge Z88 but nowhere near as cool-looking as Sir Clive's micro.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Carlos

The Amstrad has a Z80, but the Tandy and other Nakajima series all have NEC v20 x86 processors.

Another nice bit of kit for the collection.

Carlos

moved to Retro Computers,

I saw an NC200 make over £100 on ebay, madness!

Carlos

Here is an update of the NC collection, I have now added the Tandy version of the NC200

here is the family portrait!

Shadowrunner