Ghost Blade - New Dreamcast Homebrew

Started by TL, January 11, 2013, 12:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:qrv6jast][size=360]Ghost Blade[/size]
[size=240]By Hucast[/size]

[size=140]Brand NEW Sega Dreamcast game in the works!

Since Redux: Dark Matters was planned to be finished in December 2012 – but we took the extra time to give the game an 7th "Dark Planet" stage – we now have another team working on "The Ghost Blade" project.[/size][/align:qrv6jast]

[align=center:qrv6jast][/align:qrv6jast]

[align=center:qrv6jast][size=140]What is it going to be? Well, another ace shoot 'em up for the Sega Dreamcast with focus on arcade action joy and elaborate scoring system. And various player ships too choose from and a load of game modes, such as 5 stage game mode or challenging caravan game mode and last but not least: time attack.

Now, some interesting facts for you:

Game Features:

3 Game Modes with 3 player ships too choose from.

Screen Orientation:

TATE ( "3:4") and YOKO ("4:3")

Game Modes:

Stage Mode: 5 Stages
Caravan Mode: 2 min./5 min.
Time Attack
Release: TBA 2013

From now on expect some frequent updates on this blog and facebook/twitter

More news soon! Stay tuned![/size][/align:qrv6jast]

Shadowrunner

I think it's great they are making new DC games all the time but why do so many of them have to be shooters? They are just so similar, time to find a different genre in my opinion.

DreamcastRIP

Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Shadowrunner

LOL So I guess that means you're not tired of all the shooters

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"I think it's great they are making new DC games all the time but why do so many of them have to be shooters? They are just so similar, time to find a different genre in my opinion.

Totally agree, whilst i'm a shoot-em-up fan myself, the vast majority of homebrew releases seem to be in this genre.

Names escape me at monent, but i know there's been a puzzle game and a top down (?) Rally Racing game and Gunlord (was it ?) was in the Turrican ilk, but i'd love to see one have a crack at a homebrew aracde/adventure game or survival horror or platformer.

Still, it is great to see the DG getting continued support from the homebrew community.

DreamcastRIP

Keep the shmups coming, please. Awesome.

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Names escape me at monent, but i know there's been a puzzle game and a top down (?) Rally Racing game

Irides: Master of Blocks  and Rush Rush Rally Racing.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

Rogue Trooper

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"Keep the shmups coming, please. Awesome.

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"Names escape me at monent, but i know there's been a puzzle game and a top down (?) Rally Racing game

Irides: Master of Blocks  and Rush Rush Rally Racing.

Rush Rush was what i was thinking of, but the puzzler was Wind and water (something i have too much of :-) ), so delighted to herar there's been another homebrew puzzle game.Was it any good?.

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"... delighted to herar there's been another homebrew puzzle game.Was it any good?.

It's a solid Lumines-inspired effort. Here's a fair review of it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAONwadD8NI

zapiy

Great news, looking forward to more info on this.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

onthinice

Irides: Master of Blocks. Big fan of puzzle games also. Very good effort. 

dcultrapro

Hucast, the wonderful chaps behind Dux and Redux etc are releasing a SECOND new Dreamcast shooter this year! As if it wasn't enough to be getting Redux we are now also going to get The Ghost Blade. Check it out here now:

news article:
http://www.destructoid.com/the-dreamcas ... 3546.phtml

Screenshots and general info:
http://hucastgames.wordpress.com/

The game looks awesome so far, let me know what you guys think! Gonna be a good year from Dreamcast as Sturmwind is also still meant to be on the way!

Edit: thanks for moving this one... sorry I didn't see this thread  :-[
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

WARNING HUGE LOAD OF GHOST BLADE STAGE 4 SCREENS INCOMING
March 28, 2013    · by hucastgames    · in Games, Ghost Blade.    ·
Hi guys! Before we launch the first Ghost Blade Alpha Teaser Video in early April we want to show you some nice and new screenshots of our game!

Ghost Blade is still work in progress for Sega Dreamcast and scheduled for a TBA 2013 release.

All screenshots are captured from Stage 4! Enjoy!

And only 14 CEs are left at http://www.hucast.com ZOMG! Thanks for the great support!

We'll announce a Regular Edition and Limited Edition  of Ghost Blade soon. Pricing for Regular Edition will be 32.95 EUR

http://hucastgames.wordpress.com/2013/0 ... -incoming/

AmigaJay

Yeah this was a couple of weeks ago....there isn't any copies left now  :(
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

Does look absolutely awesome. Can't wait to play it.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Arethius_RGC

Another shooter ?....Well why not but I am morewaiting Dynamite Dreams a Bomberman with lots of news fun game mode such as flag capture, bodyguard, mental calculation.... and more....