Baby Pac-Man

Started by TrekMD, January 10, 2013, 19:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Here is a game of the Pac-Man family that I've yet to see ported to a home system.  This is likely because of the two elements that are part of the game:  video and pinball.  Did anyone play this in the arcade?  I think it would be great if this was ported to a system like the 7800  with the Baby Pac-Man maze and a video pinball game to emulate the machine.  Here is a video describing the game rules and showing the arcade machine's gameplay.

[align=center:2mxhj33m]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEX7TqjW3nU[/align:2mxhj33m]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Shadowrunner

I'm sure I saw this in an arcade once when I was on vacation. Never got a chance to play it but it looked cool.

TrekMD

From watching the video, it does look like a fun game and it certainly is unique because of how it works.  I saw a thread over on AA where someone was asking about this game getting ported to the 2600 but nothing ever happened (this was in 2006). 

TL

Never seen on in real life but I have always been intrigued by it!

onthinice

I have never seen it up, close and personal. I have played it with PinMame. It is fun and makes me want to play the real thing.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"I have never seen it up, close and personal. I have played it with PinMame. It is fun and makes me want to play the real thing.

How does it work on PinMame?  I take it the pinball table has been virtualized?  Is it like on the machine?

onthinice

Yeah, you launch the ball and hit the correct spot and it switches to the maze. Then you just try to clear the dots. No power ups.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Yeah, you launch the ball and hit the correct spot and it switches to the maze. Then you just try to clear the dots. No power ups.

So, the pinball part of the game isn't an accurate port of the real thing?

onthinice

It is as good as any pinball can be on a computer. It looks and plays well but the actual physics are not present(Can I tilt the machine, Please?) I guess all emulators are like that, if I had never played a real pinball machine I would think it was the cats meow. Maybe if I slanted the screen that would help.

I would recommend the game and if you like pinball on the computer you will not be disappointed.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"It is as good as any pinball can be on a computer. It looks and plays well but the actual physics are not present(Can I tilt the machine, Please?) I guess all emulators are like that, if I had never played a real pinball machine I would think it was the cats meow. Maybe if I slanted the screen that would help.

I would recommend the game and if you like pinball on the computer you will not be disappointed.

Cool.  Thanks for the info. 

TrekMD

onthinice

That is really close to what I played. Actually this looks better. Wonder if it is a new emulator?

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"That is really close to what I played. Actually this looks better. Wonder if it is a new emulator?

That I do not know.  If you check on YouTube, I think he posts some info.

onthinice