Fallen Angels - New Atari Jaguar Game!

Started by TL, December 31, 2012, 19:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:1rnr3c0n][size=360]Fallen Angels[/size]

[size=240]By Dr. Typo & Marcus Losbjer[/size]

[size=140]Fallen Angels is the next game from the creators of the brilliant Tube: SE.

In the game, humans are fighting against the scary aliens. In the battle, pilots are stranded on the alien's planet. You must go find them and rescue them.

This is an early demo, there is just one level and still many gameplay elements to add.

Please read the "readme.pdf" included otherwise you won't understand how to play the game... unless you played the original 8-bit game that is, which was not called Fallen Angels!

The game will work in Virtual Jaguar via emulation and it can also be burned to a CD using Jiffi and played on real hardware.[/size]

[size=180]DOWNLOAD HERE![/size]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkmVmISJlSE[/align:1rnr3c0n]

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Fantastic!  Now we are talking!

Indeed, it looks amazing and plays excellent so far. I made that crappy video myself this afternoon!

I need to work out how to get rid of the glare :(

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "TrekMD"Fantastic!  Now we are talking!

Indeed, it looks amazing and plays excellent so far. I made that crappy video myself this afternoon!

I need to work out how to get rid of the glare :(

Not sure how you'd get rid of the glare but the game still does look impressive.

108 Stars

Looks fantastic. I love voxel graphics and the smooth landscapes they create.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

nakamura

The graphics remind me of the PS2 Thunderhawk game. Nice rolling hills.

TL

Quote from: "nakamura"The graphics remind me of the PS2 Thunderhawk game. Nice rolling hills.

It is using a clever version of a voxel engine to create the landscape.

The game is based on the classic Atari 8-bit game Rescue On Fractalus

Shadowrunner

Yup, very impressive! Any word if this will be getting a physical release?

TL

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yup, very impressive! Any word if this will be getting a physical release?

None yet, I thought Tube: SE was good enough to be a full blown release and they gave that away for free so who knows?

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "Shadowrunner"Yup, very impressive! Any word if this will be getting a physical release?

None yet, I thought Tube: SE was good enough to be a full blown release and they gave that away for free so who knows?

If they decide not to make it an official physical release, I sure hope artwork is available to make a nice CD and a case.  :)

DreamcastRIP

Nice to see a homebrew effort that actually bothers to try getting the most out of the Jag hardware rather than being yet more simplistic dross solely using the M68k that looks likes little more than a sub-par ST game at best.

I was highly impressed with Tube S.E. from the same guy and this latest effort raises the bar higher still in terms of showing what can be achieved by the homebrew scene with the Jag when a coder who actually has some talent applies themself. Great stuff.
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

TrekMD

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"Nice to see a homebrew effort that actually bothers to try getting the most out of the Jag hardware rather than being yet more simplistic dross solely using the M68k that looks likes little more than a sub-par ST game at best.

I was highly impressed with Tube S.E. from the same guy and this latest effort raises the bar higher still in terms of showing what can be achieved by the homebrew scene with the Jag when a coder who actually has some talent applies themself. Great stuff.

Absolutely!  This is the kind of homebrew for the Jaguar I've been waiting for!

Alberto 2K

Awesome looking game, can't wait to burn it and play it!
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

Jag_Slave

WOAH!

Sign me up for this one guys- Im very impressed, and it actually looks like it has a lot of gameplay potential!

dcultrapro

is there anyway of bulletin-ing these threads or something that highlights them as big or interesting news? I nearly missed this thread if it hadn't been for Laird lol. I guess the front page of the forum shows the most recently edited threads but I mean more along the lines of "top stories" or something like that. Bet I'm probably just blind and there already is lol

Anyway this looks awesome for Jag so far, looking forward to more info
Ultrapro on xbox live