Arcadia 2001
0 (0%)
Other?
1 (4%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: December 28, 2012, 17:31:25 PM

Vyothric

Can't really vote on this one.

I've spent quite a lot of time with 8-bit computers, but I haven't really caught up on the consoles yet. I've only played a few games on the Master System, NES and Atari 2600. Not enough to decide much about them either.

TL

Quote from: "Vyothric"Can't really vote on this one.

I've spent quite a lot of time with 8-bit computers, but I haven't really caught up on the consoles yet. I've only played a few games on the Master System, NES and Atari 2600. Not enough to decide much about them either.

Cop out :P

davyk

close for me - NES is great old workhorse - but the 2600 gets my vote. I got rid of the NES when I got nesterDC but  I still have a woody despite Stella being around.

Crusto

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"I plumped for Vectrex. ColecoVision would have been my second choice.

(or PC Engine if we're being pedantic, lol)
well, i am being pedantic, so I voted other lol. SMS in second place, excellent console.
Bitches leave

Console Compulsive

Although it is a very tough choice I will have to go for the Colecovision. This was the first console I that was mine alone and didn't have to share with my older brother who would hog the Spectrum and the Acetronic and never let me play when he was around. The git!

My mates were all wowed by the arcade conversions as they were so much better than the Atari 2600 ones around at the time plus I had the added bonus of getting the Atari 2600 converter unit for it too so I had two catalogues of games to choose from too (which meant I could borrow all my mates Atari games).

Although todays greedy games companies probably would not agree, wouldn't it be great if modern games companies did agree to cross platform converters? Imagine the Xbox360 being able to access the full PS3's game library and vice versa. Great idea but sadly it will not happen. This is why the older systems win hands down.

TL

Quote from: "Crusto"
Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"I plumped for Vectrex. ColecoVision would have been my second choice.

(or PC Engine if we're being pedantic, lol)
well, i am being pedantic, so I voted other lol. SMS in second place, excellent console.

PC Engine is in the 16-bit poll  :P

TL

Quote from: "Console Compulsive"Although todays greedy games companies probably would not agree, wouldn't it be great if modern games companies did agree to cross platform converters? Imagine the Xbox360 being able to access the full PS3's game library and vice versa. Great idea but sadly it will not happen. This is why the older systems win hands down.

That converter was definitely not something Atari agreed to believe me! Coleco reverse engineered the chipset and made their own compatible chips and as Atari had only copyrighted the parts and not the actual console there was nothing they could do, although they did try to get it pulled from the market more than once!

Console Compulsive

I remember reading about Atari's attempts to get them taken off market around the time. That just made it more of a privilege to own one :)

TL

TrekMD

We need more votes to figure this one out. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

tomwaits

thedamnedunited

2600 followed by Mattel Intellivision

DreamcastRIP

Quote from: "thedamnedunited"2600 followed by Mattel Intellivision

Give your recently acquired Vectrex a little more time, TDU!  :1:
Owned: Spectrum Jaguar JaguarCD Lynx ST 7800 Dreamcast Saturn MegaDrive Mega-CD 32X Nomad GameGear PS3 PS PSP WiiU Wii GameCube N64 DS, GBm GBA GBC GBP GB VirtualBoy Xbox Vectrex PCE Duo-R 3DO CDi CD32 GX4000 WonderSwan NGPC Gizmondo ColecoVision iPhone PC Mac

thedamnedunited

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"
Quote from: "thedamnedunited"2600 followed by Mattel Intellivision

Give your recently acquired Vectrex a little more time, TDU!  :1:

To be honest I was gonna say the Vectrex but as I've only played it today really it seemed wrong considering how many hours I put into the other 2 in my youth.

The Vectrex is a superb bit of kit - wished I had bought one years ago. Had a great afternoon going through the games on the 32 game cartridge.

sloan

Atari 5200 Supersystem is such an under-appreciated system it blows my mind.