Your 2012 Homebrew Highlight?

Started by TL, December 30, 2012, 19:02:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

So homebrew fans what has been your favourite homebrew game released this year?

For me it's Impulse X on the Jaguar, I have been playing it regularly since I bought it!

Special mentions for Tube: SE (also Jaguar) and Zaku on the Lynx as I didn't play it until it was re-released earlier this year.

108 Stars

Well, technically it's an independant commercial game and not a homebrew, but since RVG doesn't split hairs about definitions I have to say Gunlord for Dreamcast.

Really an excellent game, a great homage to Turrican, and better designed overall than its famous role model imo.

Also there is Digger Chan for the Master System; it's a quirky little game, and the first real cartridge release of a homebrew on the system, which makes it special. I definitely hope for more homebrews on this great console in the future.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TL

Quote from: "108 Stars"Well, technically it's an independant commercial game and not a homebrew, but since RVG doesn't split hairs about definitions I have to say Gunlord for Dreamcast.

Really an excellent game, a great homage to Turrican, and better designed overall than its famous role model imo.

Also there is Digger Chan for the Master System; it's a quirky little game, and the first real cartridge release of a homebrew on the system, which makes it special. I definitely hope for more homebrews on this great console in the future.

Yeah I really liked Gunlord too, I knew there was a Dreamcast game I was forgetting!!!

Shadowrunner

Impulse X for me too. Still playing it a lot. Also agree Gunlord was very good.

TrekMD

Well, there are several that come to mind but let me list a couple by system:

Atari 2600 - Boulder Dash

Atari Jaguar - Impulse X

Vectrex - Vector Pilot

Intellivision - D2K

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

dcultrapro

does Gunlord on the Dreamcast count? if so that's my pick, EXCELLENT game with brilliant production values for a homebrew/indie title
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"does Gunlord on the Dreamcast count? if so that's my pick, EXCELLENT game with brilliant production values for a homebrew/indie title

Of course it does, its already been mentioned too by others!  8)

dcultrapro

yeah... nevermind lol I didn't real the whole thread... its kinda graveyard shift at work today and I am absolutely knackered!! Gunlord was awesome I thought, loved every minute and of course from that I learned about Mega Turrican... wierd and back to front I know but hey I got there in the end lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

zapiy

I have not purchased any in 2012 for one reason or another. But the ones that i would love to have picked up in 2012 would have been Gunlord or DK Arcade II..

So 2013 when i actually will...

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC