Retro Adverts

Started by Carlos, December 15, 2012, 17:56:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

Quote from: TrekMD on April 02, 2017, 16:23:29 PM
Here are a few additional Atari advertisements.  Gotta love these...

Those are some great ads :)

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

TrekMD

OK, this isn't from the 80's but it deserves to be here:

TrekMD

Saturn

Awesome oldie but it looks like the housewife's decision to make Zayre her store went south in 1990 when the last of them closed lol.
And why was that employee carrying all those systems by hand? Dollies weren't invented yet? LOL

onthinice

Love that commercial. Had to laugh the kid points at the print ad for Atari 2600 and beside it appears to be an Atari 400. Wait maybe it was some proto 2600 to compete with the Odyssey 2.

Shadowrunner

Great commercial, but yeah that's clearly a 400 and not a 2600 in the ad lol.

TrekMD

It's an unreleased prototype!  The Atari 3000 (2600 + 400)!  :)  Can't say I had ever heard of Zayre.  Those didn't make it to Puerto Rico.  :)

TrekMD

Greyfox

Really love that one..brilliant, wtf don't they do them like this anymore? At least it would be more enticing to me., but I know the designers today are wet behind the ear college heads with no real heritage of our the true masters did it back then. I'm sorry, this is something I feel is very important in the history of advertisement promotion and design

TrekMD

You're right, they don't advertise like this anymore.  It is unfortunate because I do have to agree that this type of ad does bring you in. 

TrekMD

Just saw this ad from Kay-Bee Toys.  Look at the adapter for the NES controller.  I wonder how well those sold?

Shadowrunner

I've seen the ad before but I've never seen one of those adapters anywhere. Would be cool to try one.

TrekMD

I ran a search on Ebay to see if there were any.  I did find several but they are all missing the joystick.