Favourite two player games.

Started by zapiy, December 12, 2012, 20:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katzkatz

Quote from: "DreamcastRIP"Bubble Bobble.

To quote Highlander : "There can be only one!"    :113:  Loved that.  I remember playing the Spectrum version with two players.  Many hours ploughed into Bub and Bob there.  I was a bit upset that the sequel(Rainbow Islands) only allowed alternate turn play for two players.  Still at least Parasol Stars reverted back to Bubble Bobble's game mechanic.

As for other games :-

Pitstop II on the C64 - Knackering your opponents tyres was a dirty way of driving - worthy of Schumacher.

Populous I and II on the Amiga - via serial link-up.  Great stuff here.  Could be a lengthy game though.  Loved using the different powers in the second game and the knights as well.  Also, watch out for "the plague"!!!!

Stunt Car Racer on the Amiga - via serial link-up.  Turn around and try to ram the other guy.  Hehehehehehehehe!  great stuff. 

Knights of the Sky on the Amiga -via serial link-up.  Dogfighting in WWI.  Great stuff.  One trick was to land and hide for a while, then take off and attack! 

Lotus I and II on the Amiga.  i think the first game was slightly better as this allowed for racing for positions.  The second game could allow for serial link-up and also 4 players.  Amazing stuff.

Chaos Engine on the Amiga.  Completed it this way.  Loved the characters on this.

SWIV on the Amiga.  Another game completed this way.  I feel sorry for the poor person who is the tank.

Battle Isle '93 - Turn based game.  Think of it like Chess except with futuristic vehicles. 

Historyline 1914-1918 - Another turned based game from Blue Byte(see above).  This time around it's based on WWI.  You even get a train as vehicle.

Final Fight at the arcade.  Great fun with two players.

Mercs at the arcade.  Only played it with two players - so missed out on the three players version.

Smash TV at the arcade.  Crazy at times, but fun.

SF 2 at the arcade.  Beating your opponent was fun. 

Metal Slug 2 at the arcade.  Good shoot 'em up fun..

Doom 2 on the PC via serial link up and also at one time modem.  Cool stuff.  Loved the double barreled shotgun in that.  Get in close and BOOM!!!

Duke Nukem on the PC via serial link up and modem.  Hehehe.  So much fun with the maps and so on.  You could lay those laser trip bombs in a sneaky place and watch the other guy explode.  The shrinking ray was funny.  Just remember to tread on the guy afterwards.  The freeze gun was good as well - but remember to smash the opponent afterwards.

TL

TrekMD

Another 2600 game that is fun to play with another person...DODGE 'EM!

[align=center:1l6muzcr]Classic Game Room HD - DODGE 'EM for Atari 2600 review[/align:1l6muzcr]

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrapZZ

Intellivision Bi-Planes (on the Triple Action cart) is something I still play.  In a weird way it reminds me of Quake 3.  It's a pure competitive game with amazing controls.  There is no higher wrapper around it, and no 'meta' stuff to get in the way.

I doubt this video will do it justice, you really have to play it to understand.  (The physics are awesome).

Mattel Electronics Intellivision home movie - Triple Action Biplanes tournament
Join my brother and I as we drink beer and review every US NES game ever made (the actual games on the actual hardware, not emulated).
http://www.brothernights.com

jdanddiet

Boot Hill (arcade)
Rebelstar (speccy)
Chaos (speccy)
SOR 2
Wild Sex (bedroom, shed, or wherever)

TrekMD

Quote from: "jdanddiet"Wild Sex (bedroom, shed, or wherever)

Those are some retro systems!   :24:

TL

I forgot all about this game!

My brother and I spent hours playing this!!!!

Classic Game Room - ARMOR AMBUSH review for Atari 2600

TrekMD

Two fantastic two-player games on the Atari 2600 are Activision's Decathlon and Atari's Track and Field!  Decathlon even allows up to four players but Track and Field has its own special controller.  :)

[align=center:2o9q4pfn]Classic Game Room - THE ACTIVISION DECATHLON review for Atari 2600

Track and Field for Atari 2600[/align:2o9q4pfn]

Alberto 2K

I enjoyed a lot playing Puzzle Bobble with my friends, also any Bomberman is really fun too, specially playing 4 players. :)
Don't be surprised, my broken English is legendary!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I enjoyed a lot playing Puzzle Bobble with my friends, also any Bomberman is really fun too, specially playing 4 players. :)

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"
Quote from: "Alberto 2K"I enjoyed a lot playing Puzzle Bobble with my friends, also any Bomberman is really fun too, specially playing 4 players. :)

Puzzle Bobble was the original name for Bust-A-Move when it was released on the Neo Geo.

TrekMD

Ah, cool.  So, this has the characters from Bubble Bobble.  Nice.  Saw some clones of this for the GBA, actually.  It's a fun game for sure.

[align=center:3d0nkkjj]Bust-A-Move (3DO) - Game Play[/align:3d0nkkjj]

Alberto 2K

I played the PSX version the most at a friends home, I never had a PSX, it was a good port better than most of the Neo Geo ports on that system which were mostly crap. :)

Even today it's a good game, specially with friends.

TL

I have Bust-A-Move 2&3 for the Saturn and just picked up the updated Wii version of the game that supports up to 8 players!  :13:

Brilliant games, among the best puzzle games out there.

Alberto 2K

Quote from: "The Laird"I have Bust-A-Move 2&3 for the Saturn and just picked up the updated Wii version of the game that supports up to 8 players!  :13:

Brilliant games, among the best puzzle games out there.
8 players?? Damn, I need to try it!!