Block Drop - New Atari 7800 Homebrew

Started by TL, November 30, 2012, 20:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:2l27kc4u][font=impact:2l27kc4u][size=360]Block Drop[/size][/font:2l27kc4u]

[size=240]Atari 7800[/size]

[size=140]As you can see this is Tetris!

Brought to us by Ken Siders, who programmed the superb Beef Drop for the 7800, this 2-player incarnation of the classic Russian puzzle game is based on the Atari Games arcade version!

The game is still in the early stages but Ken plans to add lots of features including a choice of bricks, difficulty modes and the original music on POKEY and possibly TIA too!

To keep up to date on this project and download an early work in progress version of the game then just follow the link posted below:[/size]

[size=180]CLICK HERE![/size][/align:2l27kc4u]

TrekMD

I found this by chance while looking in AA.  The thread is just called "wip" so I decided to give it a click.  Boy, was I surprised!  What is done so far looks fantastic!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I think it's brilliant that he is basing this on the Tengen/Atari Games version of the game rather than the Nintendo one that people are more familiar with as its definately superior and fits in better what with the 7800 being an Atari machine. Great to see he has implemented a 2-player already too.

TrekMD

Yes it is cool and the 2nd player can join at any time also, which is even cooler.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC