0 (0%)
32X
0 (0%)
Nomad
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: February 13, 2012, 21:21:08 PM

onthinice

Pretty cool! Sounds like someones Dreamcast does what the others don't!

dcultrapro

lol, it definitely does, its picture was SOOO much cleaner and sharper than the dismal grey POS that was PS2... I just need a new VGA box so I can swap from VGA on the monitor to RCA via the capture device without actually having to unplug anything... I bought one yesterday, CAN'T WAIT!!
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Great! I have to admit the Dreamcast has one strong controller. Well I do not play the DC as much as I should so one tends to forget. With the rumble pack and memory pack that thing is heavy and could be used as a weapon.

Two Dreamcast controllers that way and nobody would mess with you. :)

dcultrapro

lol, yeah? have you seen the Mad Catz controllers? they are like twice the size of the originals... lethal weapons!!
Ultrapro on xbox live

onthinice

Wow thought the Dreamcast controllers were big! The makers must have been trying to cover
every hand size. DC controller too small try these. Lol.

I have two light guns the Interact Starfire and the DC mini gun. Another case of covering every hand size.

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"lol, yeah? have you seen the Mad Catz controllers? they are like twice the size of the originals... lethal weapons!!

After seeing yours I really want one, I prefer them to the regular DC controllers

dougtitchmarsh

I was torn between Master System and Megadrive for this vote. Master System has a special place because it was the first console I'd bought for many years when I got it. But the Megadrive had a real WOW! factor when I bought it (despite the fact it had no bundled game and I had to buy Sonic for extra cash back then) and plugged it in at home. The Megadrive just clinched it.
I was a little late getting the Dreamcast, bought it second hand and the system was already dead in the water when I got it. Great console though and another leap forward even from the Saturn.
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

Flukesy

Dreamcast for me. Playing Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike with a superb controller for 1vs1 fighting. Absolutely brilliant.

Shenmue need I say more

nakamura

The Megadrive was easily the best Sega console. Awesome games from Sega and masses of excellent third party support. Stunning RGB output and nice and comfortable controllers.
After this each console became progressively worse, ending with the ambitious but poorly designed Dreamcast.

dcultrapro

Dreamcast certainly wasn't poorly designed... it was poorly received by the public who had a bad taste in their mouths but nothing about the DC was poor in terms of its design or execution, Dreamcast was years ahead of its time and paved the way for modern consoles, it was only shafted because EA didn't support it and Sony sold millions of ps2's because everyone wanted a cheap dvd player at the time. Definitely DC was the best Sega console for me with Saturn second
Ultrapro on xbox live

TL

Quote from: "dcultrapro"Dreamcast certainly wasn't poorly designed... it was poorly received by the public who had a bad taste in their mouths but nothing about the DC was poor in terms of its design or execution, Dreamcast was years ahead of its time and paved the way for modern consoles, it was only shafted because EA didn't support it and Sony sold millions of ps2's because everyone wanted a cheap dvd player at the time. Definitely DC was the best Sega console for me with Saturn second

There is one element of the Dreamcast design that is very poor, the ability to easily pirate games and play them. Sega should have used far better copy protection on the console as piracy was one of the big causes of its downfall.

dcultrapro

I wouldn't have said Piracy was one of the biggest causes of its downfall but yeah it was fairly easy to run burnt discs on it. But that was only the first revision of the console, the later model/revisions prevented it from being possible without some serious fucking around lol
Ultrapro on xbox live

Flukesy

I think the Dreamcast design and execution was fantastic, but the timing may have been the problem.
The competition around at that time was massive but the machine itself by many accounts was underestimated

Flukesy

I don't think piracy was the killer of the DC, in some ways it can help funnily enough.
Playstation piracy for both the first and second consoles was rife

TL

Sega have stated themselves several times that it was a big problem. Hardware sales for the Dreamcast were excellent, software sales were not - one of the reasons EA didn't want in.

You had to mod a PlayStation to play pirates but with the DC it was nothing more than using another CD and swapping it.