Amiga CD32!

Started by Alberto 2K, October 26, 2012, 12:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmigaJay

No worries, i love doing them!

I emulate most other platforms but the CD32 isnt the same without CD audio etc and im loving all these fanmade releases with extras and unreleased games.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

MadCommodore

Two must have top quality CD32 games are Lotus Trilogy (the Lotus Turbo Challenge racing games) and Defender of the Crown II (which also works on CDTV). Cannon Fodder is quite fun too with a mouse.

IDK if anyone mentioned it but the CD32 needs an Amiga 4000 not 2000 keyboard because it has a PS2 port not 5 pin DIN like Amiga 1500/2000. Any Amiga mouse and disk drive will work with it too. Remember though that the CD drive takes a few kb of memory so some Amiga 1200 games may not work.

AmigaJay

28 Reasons why the CD32 had a jolly old 2015! Thanks to everyone involved for keeping the CD32 alive!
Here's to a just as good 2016 of releases!

This year we had (hum to the 12 days of xmas if needs be!) 20 Amiga ports, 3 unreleased games, 2 new home brew games, 2 non Amiga game ports and 1 enhanced CD32..ggamee!

Feb
---
* The Legend of Kyrandia - Amiga 500 Port
* Inherit the Earth - Unreleased full English talkie version.

May
----
* Jaguar XJ220 - Amiga 500 Port
* Solomon's Key 1 & 2 - Unofficial port of Atari ST game/Rewrite of NES game.

June
----
* The Game - new homebrew game.
* Big Red Adventure + Nippon Safes, Inc - Amiga CD port / Amiga 500 port.
* Turrican Anthology - Amiga 500 ports.

Aug
---
* Final Odyssey / The Strangers - Amiga CD ports. [Keyboard required]
* Mutant League Hockey - Unreleased A1200 version.
* Kloks' Megapack: Volume 1 - Aunt Arctic Adventure / Duck Tales / Jumping Jack So n / Nebulus / Ninja Warriors / Prince of Persia / Toki - Amiga 500 ports.

Sep
---
* Jump, Block, Jump - New homebrew game demo.

Oct
---
* Rise of the Robots: Special Edition - Enhanced version with various changes.

Nov
---
* Putty Squad - Unreleased A1200 version.
* Aladdin - Amiga 1200 port.
* Jim Power - News of a physical release by Piko

Dec
---
* Klok's two game pack - Micro Machines / Marble Madness - Amiga 500 ports.
* Reshoot-A - News of a new physical CD32 game for 2016!
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

zapiy

When you put it like that chap, yes indeed it had an awesome year.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Yeah it certainly has, btw a big 2015 collection disk has just been released too, along with Lion King.

AmigaJay

Collection of old adverts for the CD32 i put together here.

https://issuu.com/amigajay/docs/cd32

TrekMD

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I really love them mate.. Nice idea to have loads like that in one place.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Couldnt find the thread on my previous CD32 releases, guess it got deleted in the purge, anyway here is my final releases put together as a 3 set Anthology (12 discs), which so far includes around 500 Amiga games, 200 PD games, 400 scene demos amongst other stuff, i won’t be releasing any new seperate discs from now on in, i will just add and update these discs every now and then.

All the iso files, manuals, and artwork to print out is included, all free to download! - https://cd32covers.blogspot.com

zapiy

Looks like an epic addition fella, truely awesome work.

Sanddancer

Had my amiga cd32 for a while now picked it up at the local market for £15, only have 4 games for it, banshee, chaos engine, mean arenas and fire force, not sure what the prices are for the games these days but wouldn't mind more.

zapiy

Thats an unreal price, worth at least 10x times that now, sadly the games are increasing in price too.

Sanddancer

Sending my amiga cd32 off to get recapped in the next couple of weeks, would hate for some of the capacitors to leak and brick it, and them I'm going to concentrate on getting more games for it.

zapiy

Good shout, really wished I kept mine now.

Sanddancer

Finally got the amiga cd32 board back after sending it off to get recapped, took over a month. I noticed when taking the board out the metal shielding had some rust on so that's been treated now so all I need to do is spray it and should be done.

Here's the board now it's been recapped