Let's Compare: Ninja Gaiden

Started by TL, October 23, 2012, 16:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Interesting how many interpretations of this game there are when adapted to home systems.  Love the fact that the Lynx version matches the arcade original quite well!

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

Quote from: "TrekMD"Interesting how many interpretations of this game there are when adapted to home systems.  Love the fact that the Lynx version matches the arcade original quite well!

Definately, the Lynx version is widely regarded as the best version for a reason! It really is a superb game.

I have to say though that it's a real shame that Mega Drive version was never finished as it shows real promise!  :'(

Mire Mare

The LYNX version was astonishing for all the right reasons.  It played beautifully and looked beautiful and sounded, well, beautiful!  Couldn't ask for more from the LYNX version.  A gem of a classic game right there.

TL

TrekMD

TL

Rogue Trooper

GO! Ninja Gaiden, Game Gear, reviewed by Paul Rand+Frank O'Connor, Overall score:89%.

TL

Quote from: "Rogue Trooper"GO! Ninja Gaiden, Game Gear, reviewed by Paul Rand+Frank O'Connor, Overall score:89%.

I really didn't think much of the GG version, it was just a Shinobi wannabe.

Bobinator

From what I hear, as far as Ninja Gaiden games go, the Game Gear version is pretty much the worst of the classic NG games. I couldn't exactly tell you why, I'd have to go look up the article I read up on the series on and tell you. From what I also hear, the Master System version isn't quite as good as the NES trilogy, it's still worth playing.

The NES games are pretty good, but they're a bit too 8-bit for me. It's basically Castlevania on nitro, which isn't a bad thing. If you like Castlevania.

Rogue Trooper

Game Zone gave the MS version 86%

Rogue Trooper

Robin Swan review, Lynx version, C+VG:

Graphics 88%
Sound 84%
Playability 92%
Lastability 90%
Overall 89%

SnakeEyes

I actually enjoyed the NES games for what they were, But the Lynx wins easily, not just by being very close to the arcade game, but by virtue of being an amazing quality game.

TL

Shame Ninja Gaiden III was so crappy after the amazing first game.  :45:

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"Shame Ninja Gaiden III was so crappy after the amazing first game.  :45:

Shame indeed.