Author Topic: The Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Thread  (Read 33228 times)

Online davyk

• View Profile
Re: The Sega Mega Drive & Genesis Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 09, 2020, 15:48:00 PM »
I had the SNES version!!  :)    Had it on MD too.

Sorry to say in a Sega thread but it was a bit better on SNES - or at least I preferred that version. It moved faster (which surprised me) but looked and sounded a bit better too. But a lot of this comes down to taste.

I played it to death - was able to complete it. I found some hidden sections including one that gave you an enormous weapon that gave you a chance against the last boss.   But I liked the fact it had lots of little hidden treasure rooms and secret bonuses etc.

After looking at that video it looked like it ran at similar speed to the SNES version as I remember it. Assuming that video is of the NTSC version, I wonder if the SNES version was optimised for PAL.  Or maybe I just remember things wrong. :)

Offline demongene

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 29, 2020, 17:19:12 PM »
Just bought the mega sg from anolouge, off ebay. Comes jailbroke with almost the whole genesis and master system games library between the sd card and the flash cart thats included. I paid a lot but cant wait to get it!!

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 29, 2020, 21:24:30 PM »
What did that set you back mate?

Be interested in your thoughts when you get it.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2020, SimplePortal