Errm hello

Started by dougtitchmarsh, September 23, 2012, 20:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougtitchmarsh

Well hello everyone, my name's Doug and I'm a retro gaming addict. Wow that was so liberating to finally admit that to a group of like minded people.
I started gaming when the first Space Invaders and Breakout machines appeared in the bowling alley where my dad bowled near Heathrow Airport in the late 70's when I was still just a lad.
My brother had an Atari 2600 which we played to death, then I had Zx81 (mainly gaming in black and white blocks) then a Zx Spectrum (Jetpac, Manic Miner et al). Over the years I had a Sega Master system (Alex Kidd, Sonic, Donald Duck Lucky Dime caper etc., and have one again now) Mega Drive (Sonic, Sonic 2, yep I have one of those now too) Mega CD (Sewer Shark and Yep got it again) and then the Playstations, Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox and now the Xbox 360 (although that was used mainly for Forza 2, 3 and 4).
On the computer side I have an Amiga, BBC model B and Acorn Electron as well as the Zx81 and Spectrum 48k.

I'm an addict and hope you guys can help me ... to stay addicted.
My retro and computing blog posts
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

zapiy

Welcome aboard fella.. fantastic intro and i am sure we can help you in your quest to remain an addict lol..

Lots to see and do around here..

enjoy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Great selection of machines there! I think you will fit in here perfectly!!!

Welcome to RVG!!!  8)

dougtitchmarsh

Thanks for the welcome guys, hope to contribute a little too once I see how you guys do things around here.
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, 2600, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, GameGear, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, GBA, GB,  Xbox, 3DO,  WonderSwan,  NGPC, CD32, Amiga A1200, Spectrum 48k and +2, BBC B, C64

dougtitchmarsh

And if that's the same Zapiy as Mature Video Gamer site then you already know me as Dougyt40, but been reviewing retro games on Facebook instead of cars on Forza lately. If it's not the same one then that will make no sense at all lol

TL

Quote from: "dougtitchmarsh"And if that's the same Zapiy as Mature Video Gamer site then you already know me as Dougyt40, but been reviewing retro games on Facebook instead of cars on Forza lately. If it's not the same one then that will make no sense at all lol

Same guy, that is our sister site

Greyfox

Welcome man, hope you have a great time here as much as we do, so please post away here in the forums and say hello on the chat box, cya around the place ;)

zapiy

Quote from: "dougtitchmarsh"And if that's the same Zapiy as Mature Video Gamer site then you already know me as Dougyt40, but been reviewing retro games on Facebook instead of cars on Forza lately. If it's not the same one then that will make no sense at all lol

No way lol.. Hey up bud.. Yep its me lol..

Small bloody world is all i can say..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Vyothric

TrekMD

Hi there and welcome to RVG!  I'm afraid we will only help make you addiction stronger.  You see, we are all addicts to retrogaming forever! ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

dcultrapro

nice to meet you! Welcome welcome... to the land of Retro addicts lol, hope you enjoy your stay :)
Ultrapro on xbox live

dougtitchmarsh

Already enjoying my stay here, looking forward to getting to know other addicts too.

Console Compulsive

Hi Doug, Nice to meet you.  :D

onthinice

dougtitchmarsh

Thanks again for all the welcomes. I've already asked for help on the forum and got the help I needed for my Raspberry Pi which nobody else offered anywhere else I'd been  so this forum already has a thumbs up from me (thanks Carl)