Games For Your Intellivision

Started by TrekMD, September 14, 2012, 02:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

This was posted in AA.  Figured I'd share it here:

Defender of the Crown, as you probably know, has been 'coming soon' for the Intellivision for years. It is fairly complete, and quite amazing what has been done so far. We REALLY want to release this game.

Unfortunately, Arnauld no longer has time or motivation to complete the game.

Other programmers are reluctant to pick up someone else's program and complete it. Especially when it is not a walk in the park to complete the game.

We offer royalties to programmers for our games, but an awful lot of games will have to be sold in order to be able to pay a  programmer enough to finish the game. It will probably take a LOT of effort and time to complete it.

So, I have decided to start a kickstarter campaign to finish the game. We need a committe to put this kickstarter together.

We need to come up with a promotional video, show what has been done so far, and tell people what needs to be done to get this game finished and determine rewards for each donation level.

I am not prepared to invest the amount of money it will require to hire a programmer to finnish the game, print the materials, and HOPE that I get enough sales to make some money or even to break even.

If you are interested, please email mailto:gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com">gamesforyourintellivision@hotmail.com and we can try and get this project started.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

I have the CD-i version of this game, it's pretty good.

TrekMD

Cool.  Hopefully, this one comes to pass.  I am trying to think of reward levels right now.

onthinice

I played a lot of the Nes version so it would be neat to see how the Intellivison version looks.

Never knew about the CD-i version. Another reason I should not have sold mine.

zapiy

I wish them luck. Hopefully someone will step in to offer some help.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

onthinice

Looks good so far. Glad they were able to include so much from the original game.

TrekMD

We'll see if the Kickstarter gets off the ground and then if it get the funding they want for it. 

zapiy

This is what the box will be like if it gets supported..

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

You mean, the box?  Some people don't like the color for it.  It's fine with me.  What matters most is the game inside! :)

onthinice

I agree and the box looks fine to me.

TrekMD

Some folks don't like that it is pink.  :)

onthinice

Thought it was an off red. Still looks good! I still agree with you the game inside is what counts!

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Thought it was an off red. Still looks good! I still agree with you the game inside is what counts!

No, it's pink.  It looks fine to me.  I guess some of the guys just don't like the fact that the color is pink.  :)

onthinice

Was there a reason pink was chosen?

I have heard that yellow is a cheap color to produce for t-shirts or hats. So I wonder if whoever does the printing for the boxes gave them a discount for using up his pink color stock?