Let's Compare Pac-Man

Started by TrekMD, September 13, 2012, 21:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthinice

Nice videos! A new Intellivison Pac-Man would be awesome!

TrekMD

So, here is Pac-Man 4K, one of the latest releases for the 2600.  This was intentionally done with 4K to make it the same size as the original port from Atari.  Impressive, isn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAYuBcuvIww&noredirect=1

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TL

It's a lot better than the shitty version that got released!!!  :o

Here is the version of Pac-Man that was made to use the 7800's high resolution mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yY5UMjw4GJ8

onthinice

Lot better. I see the 4k flicker is still present. 7800 version is really good. Not bad on the music either.

TrekMD

That 7800 version looks fantastic.  Yes, the 2600 Pac-Man 4K does still have some flicker but it is nothing like the original Pac-Man for the system.  :)

onthinice

It is better. I still think the original was a good effort for the time.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"It is better. I still think the original was a good effort for the time.

I was very disappointed with the original release because it made almost no attempt to look like the arcade.  Had the maze at least been the right colors and ghosts had colors, I might have been less disappointed. 

onthinice

I agree. In the early eighties it was as close to Pac-Man as some could get but I do remember seeing the 5200 when it first came out and it sure blew away the 2600 version.

TL

TrekMD

That video was superb! 

TrekMD

It's been a while since we have looked at Pac-Man, isn't it?  Here is another video looking at various versions of the game...

TrekMD

Well, if you have about 3 hours to spare, here is the ultimate "Let's Compare" video looking at 100 versions of Pac-Man or Pac-Man clones...