Atari 2600 Red Sea Crossing buyer sells copies.

Started by zapiy, September 12, 2012, 18:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

For those that might be interested.

via AA

QuoteI am the one that acquired the first copy of Red Sea Crossing from Gamegavel the other night.  I am offering copies of the game on this website.  I have already communicated with a reputable member of this forum to make the video game carts.  For the time being, we are only going to make carts.  I have decided to reproduce a limited number of numbered carts (50)- if a lot more are required, I will update this thread.  The game should be ready within a month for shipping.  If you are interested in obtaining a copy of Red Sea Crossing, I am asking for $60 which includes priority shipping and delivery confirmation (international buyers please PM for shipping costs).  I have worked with many very reputable people on this forum so rest assured you will get your game.

If you are interested, for preordering, I will require an upfront payment of $60 to the following paypal address: mailto:atari4you@gmail.com">atari4you@gmail.com so that I can make your copy (please include your AA handle name under subject in your paypal payment).  In addition, please PM me that you have sent me the money so I can update my registry....the sooner you pay, the lower number you will get.

The reason why I am asking for payment upfront is for two reasons: 1) I need to pay the person I am working with on making the game and 2) If I make games, I do not want to be burned at the end for non-payment.

I will update this thread with pics of the carts and the status of production.

If you have any further questions, please PM me.  Otherwise, if you are interested, please preorder so that I can start making your cart.

Thanks,

Atari4You

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

It's good know he is sharing the game with other people, even if it's quite pricey. At least he makes some money back on it too.

TrekMD

Cool!  I think he is trying to make back some of his investment but I can certainly understand.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

I guess he would have to get permission from the copyright holder first?

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TL

Quote from: "zapiy"I guess he would have to get permission from the copyright holder first?

He should but I would bet the company that made that are long since bust and who knows who coded it, 2600 games don't have credits!

TrekMD

Quote from: "The Laird"
Quote from: "zapiy"I guess he would have to get permission from the copyright holder first?

He should but I would bet the company that made that are long since bust and who knows who coded it, 2600 games don't have credits!

Unless they are hidden in an easter egg.  ;)

TrekMD

Apparently he is trying to contact the programmer and said he is willing to share royalties with him.  It'll be interesting to see if this happens.

Shadowrunner

Quote from: "TrekMD"Apparently he is trying to contact the programmer and said he is willing to share royalties with him.  It'll be interesting to see if this happens.

I read that the person who sold this on Game Gavel had been in contact with the programmer at some point when he was trying to learn the history of the game so he must not be too hard to find.  He's going to be in shock when he get's offered royalties on a game he made over 30 years ago!

TrekMD

Quote from: "Shadowrunner"He's going to be in shock when he get's offered royalties on a game he made over 30 years ago!

Without a doubt!  :)  Good for him!

TrekMD

I wanted to update this thread with an image of the art design for the label, box, manual, and coloring page the seller of this game has created.  This has created some arguing over on AA as some folks feel cheated as this is using neither the Apollo cart nor the original label design for the game.  The seller has indicated he never stated that the game would be sold with either and that this new artwork was done with the express purpose of not letting anyone sell a reproduction of the game as an original. 

TL

I think that looks really cool and he did the right thing!

onthinice

I agree! Really looks like time and effort went into the release.

TrekMD

I agree with the decision as well.  Besides, this was intended to be a children's title and the new artwork reflects that.  It look very nice as far as I'm concerned.