Classic Kong - New Super Nintendo Homebrew!!!!

Started by TL, September 06, 2012, 23:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TL

[align=center:ebunfnmx][size=240]Classic Kong[/size]

[size=180]Super Nintendo[/size]

Bubble Zap Games is proud to release Classic Kong, a faithful recreation of a classic title for the SNES. Yes, an actual new SNES rom. It's free of copy-protection and free of charge, and we've even released the source code for you hobbyist types. Special thanks to Shiru for his hard work as lead developer.

For more on this game and to download the source code, ROM and contact the developers go HERE!

SNES Homebrew Game - Classic Kong[/align:ebunfnmx]

tomwaits

This homebrew doesn't have the cement factory level, but he's supposed to add it with a future update.

I'd be happy with just the original four arcade levels, but it would be awesome if someone took the source code and expanded this. Either adapting the D2K arcade hack levels or some of the Gameboy levels.

TrekMD

That does look great!  Nice update to the original.  :)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

zapiy

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

onthinice

It plays well but the full ladders with the half rungs confused me at first. Otherwise a nice game.

108 Stars

Very nice indeed, and a great game anyway.

Let me take this opportunity to hijack the thread and show a mock-up for a rejected Lynx-version I would have liked to do:

Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TL

Quote from: "108 Stars"Very nice indeed, and a great game anyway.

Let me take this opportunity to hijack the thread and show a mock-up for a rejected Lynx-version I would have liked to do:

That would be sweet!!!!  :o

Played with Lynx vertical I guess?

108 Stars

Yes, I decided for the vertical style because it is important for the gameplay that you see the barrels all the time. Frogger can do without full view, but not DK. So I did sacrifice detail and went for this look; at least it fits well since the arcade also had a vertical screen.
Systems owned: Atari 2600, Lynx, Jaguar, NES, SNES, N64, GameBoy, Master System, Mega Drive, Dreamcast, Game Gear, PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox, Wonderswan

TL

Quote from: "108 Stars"Yes, I decided for the vertical style because it is important for the gameplay that you see the barrels all the time. Frogger can do without full view, but not DK. So I did sacrifice detail and went for this look; at least it fits well since the arcade also had a vertical screen.

Yes exactly!!!!

TrekMD

Oh my gawd!  DK on the Lynx?!? That would be awesome!  Why was this rejected? 

108 Stars

Matashen, who is the coder I work with most of the time is just no fan of the game, and probably does not want to step on Nintendo's toes. We decided on Frogger in the end, but maybe we will do DK someday, or another coder wants to do it. :)

TrekMD

Quote from: "108 Stars"Matashen, who is the coder I work with most of the time is just no fan of the game, and probably does not want to step on Nintendo's toes. We decided on Frogger in the end, but maybe we will do DK someday, or another coder wants to do it. :)

108 Stars

I would too, it'a a great game.

Maybe we should just say it's a clone of Crazy Kong, not Donkey Kong to make sure Nintendo does not get mad! :P

TrekMD

Quote from: "108 Stars"I would too, it'a a great game.

Maybe we should just say it's a clone of Crazy Kong, not Donkey Kong to make sure Nintendo does not get mad! ;)

onthinice

Yeah Crazy Kong had the pie factory were DK had the cement factory. I prefer Crazy Kong for that reason.