Author Topic: The Atari Jaguar Thread  (Read 176133 times)

guest5175

Re: The Atari Jaguar Thread
« Reply #735 on: May 16, 2014, 21:31:57 PM »
I just fixed that on the images (they of course show up in my browser just fine - but that's what I get I suppose. I'll have to be less lazy next time). Thanks!

Funny, I had not seen your post there but yeah, it is the same idea! Huge opportunity that they screwed up somehow and it always bugged me a bit. And in connection with that thread, yeah if FrAtari had anyone competent at the helm right now they could easily make a kart racer based upon this idea and load it with the rich history. It's low hanging fruit really! 

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 16, 2014, 21:37:01 PM »
Quote from: "arcadehero"
I just fixed that on the images (they of course show up in my browser just fine - but that's what I get I suppose. I'll have to be less lazy next time). Thanks!

Funny, I had not seen your post there but yeah, it is the same idea! Huge opportunity that they screwed up somehow and it always bugged me a bit. And in connection with that thread, yeah if FrAtari had anyone competent at the helm right now they could easily make a kart racer based upon this idea and load it with the rich history. It's low hanging fruit really!

This is what annoys me the most (as I kinda said in the new thread) there are so many obvious uses of the classic IP that I just can't believe that they cannot see. It's almost like you could shout Adventure RPG in their face and they would said "YES! Great idea! Centipede Zuma!!!!"

guest5175

« Reply #737 on: May 16, 2014, 21:42:05 PM »
I guess the danger anyone must feel with Adventure is that it really was the predecessor to Zelda and Zelda has basically defined the genre since. So it would be difficult to make the IP stand out from Zelda and not be called a clone. But it could be done and not with some idiotic phone game that no one wants to play.

(Sega is treading down the same path as well sadly)

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: May 17, 2014, 05:08:27 AM »
That looks really good.  I could only glance it over but I've bookmarked it to read it later.  :)
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 20, 2014, 02:10:23 AM »
OK, I finally had a chance to sit and read arcadehero's article about Atari Karts.  That was a great read and there certainly are plenty of characters that could have been used in Atari Karts. Your write up certainly proves that.  I keep trying to imagine some of your recommendations as selectable characters for the game and how they could have been animated during the races (eg., the Haunted House eyes rolling as they drive about, the Crystal Castles Gem Eaters swaying as their cars curved...).  The notion of also including items from other Atari games is pretty neat as well.  Certainly the idea of using themes from other games is also excellent.  That would have been a very different version of Atari Karts and quite an amazing game!

Offline Arethius_RGC

• View Profile
    • http://www.retro-gc.org
« Reply #740 on: May 20, 2014, 06:07:09 AM »
I read it too but did not repplied.
And it sure would have been very interessing to see the results.

Send cia Iphone/ Tapatalk

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 24, 2014, 19:29:56 PM »
[align=center:f29dgyf0]Great bit of history this!

E3 1995 AEO at E3 1995 Atari Explorer Online Atari Jaguar VR YouTube[/align:f29dgyf0]

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 24, 2014, 19:39:29 PM »
I'm going to have to watch that later.  I can't sit for the 2 hours right now to watch it. 

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: May 27, 2014, 22:53:43 PM »
[align=center:2re2j618]Iron Soldier (Atari Jaguar) - Reupload[/align:2re2j618]

guest5175

« Reply #744 on: May 30, 2014, 03:32:27 AM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"
OK, I finally had a chance to sit and read arcadehero's article about Atari Karts.  That was a great read and there certainly are plenty of characters that could have been used in Atari Karts. Your write up certainly proves that.  I keep trying to imagine some of your recommendations as selectable characters for the game and how they could have been animated during the races (eg., the Haunted House eyes rolling as they drive about, the Crystal Castles Gem Eaters swaying as their cars curved...).  The notion of also including items from other Atari games is pretty neat as well.  Certainly the idea of using themes from other games is also excellent.  That would have been a very different version of Atari Karts and quite an amazing game!

Haha, in my mind I also see the Gem Eaters swaying as you make those tight turns :45:

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #745 on: June 06, 2014, 19:20:28 PM »
[align=center:1j7cjyey]NINTENDO Wii U VS ATARI JAGUAR!! Whats better![/align:1j7cjyey]

Offline Tomleecee

• View Profile
    • http://www.atarijaguar.co.uk
« Reply #746 on: June 06, 2014, 21:30:02 PM »
Anyone been visiting JagCorner? They seem to have a few interesting homebrews in development (but most of them are only around 10% complete). Seems like a decent site, wondered what others thought...

http://jagcorner.bitjag.com/projects.html

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #747 on: June 06, 2014, 21:32:54 PM »
Quote from: "Tomleecee"
Anyone been visiting JagCorner? They seem to have a few interesting homebrews in development (but most of them are only around 10% complete). Seems like a decent site, wondered what others thought...

http://jagcorner.bitjag.com/projects.html

There is a lot of discussion about them earlier in this thread, look back a few pages or so.

Offline 64bitRuss

• View Profile
« Reply #748 on: June 07, 2014, 21:40:12 PM »
Carl Forhan had an announcement about his Mystery Jag Project #1 and said "is a GO stay tuned"...

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #749 on: June 07, 2014, 21:42:57 PM »
Quote from: "64bitRuss"
Carl Forhan had an announcement about his Mystery Jag Project #1 and said "is a GO stay tuned"...

I was talking to him about it actually just a few days ago . . . . .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal