Author Topic: The Atari Jaguar Thread  (Read 176135 times)

Offline WiggyDiggyPoo

• View Profile
Re: The Atari Jaguar Thread
« Reply #705 on: May 09, 2014, 22:39:27 PM »
Cheers again, it wont be anytime soon though I think so if you get a better offer for anything - take it 8)

Offline Arethius_RGC

• View Profile
    • http://www.retro-gc.org
« Reply #706 on: May 10, 2014, 00:59:15 AM »
Hey guys, I'll make short as I am on my phone but I'll a more complete answer later.

I hve seen the community fractured since I can remember it. I always felt sorry about it but could not change much about it. Very true that easy smartphone game are overrated on Jaguar. Also they might be quite fun I found they lack ambition.

I have ideas that i thjnk they could be great but I am no coder I only understand whag they doing, but I cannot do it myself...

Send cia Iphone/ Tapatalk

Offline rush6432

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: May 10, 2014, 01:09:16 AM »
On another note guys, ill have a youtube video here for you showing some jag voice modems in action soon :)

I dont think anyone has made a video of them working before to my knowledge. Might as well share with the rest of the jag fans.

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: May 10, 2014, 01:13:50 AM »
Quote from: "rush6432"
On another note guys, ill have a youtube video here for you showing some jag voice modems in action soon :113:
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline zapiy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: May 10, 2014, 06:22:29 AM »
Quote from: "Cryptic33"
To be brief, I do not run around many forums these days and it is RVG that have blown new life in to my love of the Jaguar. I do look on AA for information at times but rarely post there. respect and loyalty has to be earned and RVG does a great job else I wouldn't stay here :)

I may read those threads one day but I don't want to get bogged down with a load of tripe. I like it here and that's good enough for me, for a number of reasons.

I'm not really sure how members here trade but if you are interested Wiggy I have spare copies of Chequered Flag, Doom and Trevor McFur. All boxed and complete if you are interested. Just pm me and we'll sort something though I am away for the next 4 weeks.

I could be interested in said games fella?
Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Offline Tomleecee

• View Profile
    • http://www.atarijaguar.co.uk
« Reply #710 on: May 10, 2014, 08:10:36 AM »
Fascinating post about the AA forum. Never had any issues with anyone in the Jag community myself and i suppose I leave myself open for any negativity with my Jag fan site...but to be fair I don't really care much about trolls etc. On a different note, I was at Play Blackpool last week and got a nice selection of empty Jaguar game boxes for a pound each! I don't have the white cardboard inserts, but still, for a quid each I couldn't pass them up!

Offline Cryptic33

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: May 10, 2014, 08:52:56 AM »
Quote from: "zapiy"

Quote from: "Cryptic33"
To be brief, I do not run around many forums these days and it is RVG that have blown new life in to my love of the Jaguar. I do look on AA for information at times but rarely post there. respect and loyalty has to be earned and RVG does a great job else I wouldn't stay here :)

I may read those threads one day but I don't want to get bogged down with a load of tripe. I like it here and that's good enough for me, for a number of reasons.

I'm not really sure how members here trade but if you are interested Wiggy I have spare copies of Chequered Flag, Doom and Trevor McFur. All boxed and complete if you are interested. Just pm me and we'll sort something though I am away for the next 4 weeks.

I could be interested in said games fella?
Ok, I'll be in touch as soon as and we'll sort something.
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

Offline TrekMD

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: May 10, 2014, 14:25:19 PM »
Quote from: "Tomleecee"
Fascinating post about the AA forum. Never had any issues with anyone in the Jag community myself and i suppose I leave myself open for any negativity with my Jag fan site...but to be fair I don't really care much about trolls etc. On a different note, I was at Play Blackpool last week and got a nice selection of empty Jaguar game boxes for a pound each! I don't have the white cardboard inserts, but still, for a quid each I couldn't pass them up!
Very nice, Tom!  You should be able to get the white inserts with online sellers. 
Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Offline Tomleecee

• View Profile
    • http://www.atarijaguar.co.uk
« Reply #713 on: May 10, 2014, 15:41:18 PM »
Quote from: "TrekMD"
Very nice, Tom!  You should be able to get the white inserts with online sellers.

Thanks man :)

Offline TL

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: May 10, 2014, 17:52:29 PM »

16/32 Systems have loads of these empty boxes, I bought some to replace my tatty boxes a few years back when they were at Jagfest UK. You can get the plain white inserts from My Atari on eBay, I bought some fairly recently actually.

Offline rush6432

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: May 13, 2014, 09:05:36 AM »

Offline Greyfox

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.atarigamer.co.uk
« Reply #716 on: May 13, 2014, 10:16:15 AM »
Russ it's says the video is private, you need to change it to a shared link on you tube, not public.

Offline rush6432

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: May 13, 2014, 16:10:38 PM »
Quote from: "Greyfox"
Russ it's says the video is private, you need to change it to a shared link on you tube, not public.

Ah sorry about that. I finished uploading it very very late (3am in fact) and kind of just crashed to sleep afterwards and forgot to switch it.

The video isnt as good as id hoped but its not terrible. I shot it quite early in the A.M and was still a bit hazy heh. Excuse me if i ramble or mumble on in the video.

Its switched..

Offline Arethius_RGC

• View Profile
    • http://www.retro-gc.org
« Reply #718 on: May 13, 2014, 16:42:31 PM »
Thank you for the video it is very interesting piece of Jaguar history. 

Offline Shadowrunner

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: May 13, 2014, 17:09:38 PM »
Very cool to see! Thanks  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal