The Atari Jaguar Thread

Started by zapiy, January 26, 2011, 00:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Or a ROM!  Even if it wasn't finished, someone might have been able to complete it.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

TrekMD

Here is the 4th video of Jaguar Unreleased games...

zapiy

Amazing so many went unreleased to be honest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

I know and some really good looking stuff too! 

Cryptic33

I saw his other videos in this series and it is quite fascinating just how much was planned for the Jag. If only, if only...
For the record, Alien verses Predator on the Atari Jaguar holds a Guinness World Record!

To remove any awkwardness, I have mesothelioma. I don’t seek sympathy, just acceptance. Thanks

zapiy

Surely some of these games are out there, they have to be.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Unfortunately, for some of the them the only evidence is video footage.  I know one of the games in particular was lost entirely as the programmer reported losing all the storage media that had it. 

zapiy

Such a shame, maybe one day someone will find it.

You never know.

Saturn

Too bad the media was lost. Almost a tragedy.

TrekMD

Here is a video from Player One Start after getting his first Atari Jaguar. 

DeadVoivod

Ok...

So today I tested every single Jaguar game, and oh boy, quite a crappy experience I have to say. I never really tested anything, so I eventually wanted to change that. Knew that it never was a great console, but never thought it was the absolute worst.

There's indeed some good games, although most of them being ports from other consoles, so nothing exclusive. But 80% is just pure trash, plus there are at least top 10 worst games of all time in their catalog, all those 3D ones are just plain terrible.

Not gonna touch again!!

zapiy

That is one damning point of view lol, yes your right, it has some plain awful games but it does have a couple of good games.

TrekMD

What games did you play?  Unfortunately, Atari was a mess when they released the Jaguar and support for the console was not good at all, which led to a weak game library.  It does have some really good titles, though, like Tempest 2000, Rayman, Missile Command 3D, Alien vs Predator, Super Burnout, Raiden, and Zool 2, among others.  Rayman shows the 2D capabilities of the system and it is a shame Atari did not focus more on games that took advantage of that. 

zapiy

Yes, its a shame more homebrew devs don't also.

TrekMD

I know, though there is one game that looks pretty good that is coming soon:  The Last Strike.