The Atari Jaguar Thread

Started by zapiy, January 26, 2011, 00:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

I've written quite a few ranging from my opinion on the Jaguar to (almost) award winning 'reviews' of games & peripherals. One in particular I received a ton of praise for was the Scatbox and Scatbox DX back when they were released. All lost over time although I'm sure I have them saved somewhere on one of the many external hard drives I have.
But, in recent years I've lost the zest to creatively write with any flare about what interests me. Hopefully the spark will return some day but with so many real life time constraints it's probably never going to happen.

zapiy

Well your opinion should count, the Jag gets a lot of negative press and I would suggest that yes it has a lot of flaws but it should still be celebrated for what is was and not for what it wasn't.

Go and dig for HDD's lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

Just watched this video with 10 cancelled Jaguar games.  Have a watch...

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

Saturn

That was great. Conan looked incredible :D :D

TrekMD

Yes it did!  I can't believe that was not finished even it they used another name!  Games like that is what the Jaguar needed.  I wish a homebrewer could make a game like that for the system.

zapiy

There must be code out there somewhere.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

TrekMD

If only!  It would be great if it was found and it was finished.

zapiy

Shadowrunner

A while ago I mentioned to Saturn that I had a custom made Jag controller and I would put some pics of it up. Don't remember what thread that was in and I didn't want to start a new topic so I'm sticking it here. :P

From the front it looks pretty normal except it has a Xbox 360 style thumbstick in place of the d-pad.

The switch on the back turns rapid fire on or off and when the rapid fire is on there's a LED inside the thumbstick that lights up.

A guy named Danny Galaga from Australia made this for me and as far as I know it's one of a kind. He made a few rapid fire controllers but the thumbstick and LED are unique to this one.

zapiy

That is super cool. How did you find out about this guy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TrekMD

That's cool!  He made a superb spinner also for the Jaguar.  I don't think he's making them anymore.

Shadowrunner

Thanks guys, it is pretty cool.

He used to be active on a couple of forums, Jaguar Sector and then AA when JS closed down. Really nice guy and he did great work. Not sure what he's up to these days.

TrekMD

I haven't seen him online in any of the forums anymore.  Unfortunate because he was doing great work.

Saturn

That looks incredible. Congrats on the unique controller. 8)

Shadowrunner

Thanks Saturn, I thought you might like it. ;)