One Console For Life

Started by Shadowrunner, May 08, 2020, 15:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadowrunner

I saw this on Twitter and thought it would be fun to post here.



You can only play the console that matches your birthday month for the rest of your life. Would you be happy with your choice?

For me that means the 2600, and I would not be happy! lol

Ryuhi

Mine is GameCube which I would be happy enough with.

TrekMD

Mine is a PS2.  I can live with that.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


davyk

The smart move is PS2 - its library is enormous.

My heart would go with Gamecube though.

TrekMD

Yes, it does and it has tons of collections of arcade/retro games as well.  I'm glad that my month's console.  ;)

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


Shadowrunner

Yeah that would be a good one. I'd be okay with any of them except for the 2600 or the Virtual Boy.

DeadVoivod


Ryuhi

The GameCube was a great console. Had some great games. I am a big fighting game fan and it had great games like bloody roar, capcom vs snk on it along with the great super smash bros. It was certainly a lot better than the n64 in that regard.

Spacedeck

Mine's September, so TurboGrafx-16? Only going off Google so might be different.  Anyway, something I've never played on, so not sure what to think.  Should I be happy?  ???

TrekMD

I never had a TG-16 either but I'm getting the mini system.  It does have a very good game library.

Going to the final frontier, gaming...


Shadowrunner

Quote from: Spacedeck on May 15, 2020, 10:17:14 AM
Mine's September, so TurboGrafx-16? Only going off Google so might be different.  Anyway, something I've never played on, so not sure what to think.  Should I be happy?  ???

I'd be happy with it as long as I had the adapter to also play PC Engine games. It's the same hardware but the games are region specific. The TG16 library is a little small but the PCE library is huge! Lots of great games.

davyk


I'm April - so Genesis. Not the biggest fan of the console but I could live with it.

Ryuhi

The Genesis has a massive library so not a bad console at all. It was my first console so I feel massive nostalgia for it.