AMIGArama Podcast Episode 13: Desert Strike

Started by Lorfarius, October 29, 2017, 20:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorfarius

So I'm dabbling in something new.... just done a podcast all on my own!  Decided to focus on the Amiga as it's what I know best and just posted the first episode:

http://amigarama.podbean.com/

Its on iTunes so would appreciate it if people would have a listen and subscribe... and if it's not too much bother leave a review!  Will be doing a new episode each week and going to have a crack at covering every Amiga game release, though that's probably impossible going to have a good laugh along the way.

zapiy

Wallop fella,

8)

Good to see you post this here pal.

Look forward to listening.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

Lorfarius

zapiy

Listening now pal.

Just finished pal, good start, bit of waffling but hey that's to be expected. Looking forward to seeing how the format pans out bud.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

JoeMusashi

I was looking out for a decent Amiga podcast just last week. I'll give it a listen.

Lorfarius

Quote from: zapiy on October 29, 2017, 21:27:13 PM
Listening now pal.

Just finished pal, good start, bit of waffling but hey that's to be expected. Looking forward to seeing how the format pans out bud.

I was hoping I didn't go off on too much of a tangent  :) Sure it will get better with time!

Lorfarius

Quote from: JoeMusashi on October 29, 2017, 22:01:50 PM
I was looking out for a decent Amiga podcast just last week. I'll give it a listen.

Thanks and let me know what you think!  8)

JoeMusashi

I quite liked it. Its well recorded for a start. Doesn't sound like you're talking through a plastic cup with string attached.
I reckon I could listen to you talking about games. Its sounds like it will be very casual, which is fine by me.
What are your plans for this? My suggestion would be to add a bit of structure to it. Stop you wandering off on a tangent and repeating bits of information lol.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing what game(s) you start off with.

Lorfarius

Quote from: JoeMusashi on October 30, 2017, 20:35:57 PM
I quite liked it. Its well recorded for a start. Doesn't sound like you're talking through a plastic cup with string attached.
I reckon I could listen to you talking about games. Its sounds like it will be very casual, which is fine by me.
What are your plans for this? My suggestion would be to add a bit of structure to it. Stop you wandering off on a tangent and repeating bits of information lol.

Good luck and I'm looking forward to hearing what game(s) you start off with.

Got a fairly decent mic setup from my Youtube days even with a professional filter/arm. Add in some software and I think it comes off quite well.

I'm going to stick to a bit of news (if possible, not always stuff to use) and one game a week. Each time I'll try and do a bit of history on it, stuff I can find out from development as well as my own experience with it either from back in the day or now topped off with a sort of review... mainly me yammering on ;D Next episode we will be going into the Danger Zone. That's as much a hint as I can give.

I think there might be a bit of wandering off here and there as I don't have a co-host to give me a kick up the backside! Hopefully I will become more natural over time, got loads of episodes planned.

JoeMusashi

Danger zone...? I've got Kenny Loggins rattling around my skull now. Did Top Gun ever appear on the Amiga?
One game a week should see you to retirement age! Whats your criteria for choosing them? Plucked out of a hat? From some sort of cerebral list? Listener requests?
I can understand your lack of co-presenter comment. I guess its difficult to rein yourself in when you get going. I'd be the same lol.

Lorfarius

Quote from: JoeMusashi on October 30, 2017, 21:17:49 PM
Danger zone...? I've got Kenny Loggins rattling around my skull now. Did Top Gun ever appear on the Amiga?
One game a week should see you to retirement age! Whats your criteria for choosing them? Plucked out of a hat? From some sort of cerebral list? Listener requests?
I can understand your lack of co-presenter comment. I guess its difficult to rein yourself in when you get going. I'd be the same lol.

Afraid I can't give any more away, else it's too obvious  ;D

To start with I'm picking them based off my own experience in the past and if there's anything to talk about in general about the games. I'm sure loads will have zero info so might be a problem. I heard there might be as many as 2000 games though  :o  Right now I have a list for about 20 episodes but as I go along I'll open it up for user requests, will give me a chance to experience loads I've never played before.

zapiy

Looking forward to the next episode pal. What's the planned time line for each episode pal, you looking at an average of an hour each one or what?

Lorfarius

Quote from: zapiy on October 31, 2017, 16:28:47 PM
Looking forward to the next episode pal. What's the planned time line for each episode pal, you looking at an average of an hour each one or what?

Aiming to upload on a Sunday evening and 20-30 minutes to start with but might grow as I get more comfortable on my own.

Lorfarius

Episode 2 is now live! This week I'm having a close look at... Jetstrike.

https://amigarama.podbean.com/e/amigarama-episode-2-jetstrike/

Bit of an under-appreciated gem. Doesn't seem to get a lot of love in Amiga circles :(

JoeMusashi

I'm not familiar with this one but I see the Danger Zone link, however tenuous  ;)
I'll give it a listen and also try and load the game up at some point