Best Controllers for Sony Playstations?

Started by zapiy, May 18, 2017, 10:48:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Simple question, what's been your fav controller across the board for the Playstation's?

Official or 3rd party.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

AmigaJay

Official, just feel better in quality and sometimes 3rd party pads have too firm dpads or buttons.
Old School Gamer Since 1982 - Creator of various gaming websites and blogs 1998-2018

TrekMD

I prefer the official ones.  I do have some third party controllers but I prefer the originals. 

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

RetroPlays

Official ps4 is my fave. I like the ps1 and ps2 controllers but hate the PS3 ones, they don't feel right to me. I've tried a few 3rd party ones on all those consoles and have to say original is always best

Shadowrunner

Yeah I stick with Sony controllers most of the time. I have bought a few third party controllers that have solid d-pads for fighting games though.

Ryuhi

I unfortunately do not have my PlayStation anymore but I had the original analogue without the rumble. I really liked it. It was slightly bigger that the dualshock which made itore comfortable in my large ogre hands.

onthinice

Dreamcast Gamer

Quote from: Shadowrunner on May 19, 2017, 03:17:19 AM
Yeah I stick with Sony controllers most of the time. I have bought a few third party controllers that have solid d-pads for fighting games though.
That's my only problem with the official controllers.  Those D-Pads are awful for fighting games.  I could hardly pull off any special moves in Fatal Fury.

Ryuhi

I don't think it is that bad. I think the 360 pad is worse tbh

Shadowrunner

For regular use I would agree that the 360 D-Pad is a lot worse than the PS3. For fighting games though I think they're both equally terrible.

Ryuhi

I would disagree. I always found the PlayStation d pad easy enough to use on fighting games. Not as good as the Sega d pad but not much harder than a Nintendo pad

pinkabyss74

Old thread but look for the DualShock SCPH-110 - the ones shipped with the PSOne slim. The somewhat stiffer analogue sticks actually make it the best Sony controller I've ever used.
James Dignam ~ pinkabyss74
YouTube

Spacedeck

Official controllers for me.  I remember when we only ever had the original controllers for the PSOne, we knew someone down the road who had I believe Ape Escape and a controller with the vibration/anologs.  He brought it up to our house one time and I just remember it feeling weird on first use, not that I'd ever heard of or knew about the game at the time either.

DeadVoivod

Originals are quite good, prefer the XBox ones though, because they’re a bit bigger. I use a SCUF Impact for the PS4, it’s better than the original, but it’s also quite expensive.

Sanddancer

I had a hori controller back in the day for my ps1 was the  fighting commander 2 way  quite liked it fitted nice in the hand like a snes controller, but the original is the best.