New Atari 2600 Homebrew - Frog Pickle!

Started by TrekMD, September 02, 2012, 15:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrekMD

Directly from the web site for Frog Pickle!

Frog Pickle is a game in which you are a mutated pickle from the result of a nuclear war in America, but you aren't the only mutant. Frogs all around have mutated and grown large appendages and enlarged Medula Oblongata's causing  severe aggression against all other living creatures. It is up to you (Pickle) to stop the Frogs from ending humanity as we speak.

The game is available for download for $1.00 and be played using emulators or the Harmony cart on real hardware.  It may see a cart release later on. 

Frog Pickle! Download Page

Going to the final frontier, gaming...

onthinice

Seems like a fair price for a download. Maybe I will wait for the movie.

TrekMD

Looks like the cart release will become real.  I still haven't downloaded it, though!  Need to try it out!

onthinice

When I first heard of this game I was not sure what to think. Are Atari fans really asking for these types of games?

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"When I first heard of this game I was not sure what to think. Are Atari fans really asking for these types of games?

There are all sorts of games being developed for the 2600.  Some are simple, others are more complex.  This is this programmers first attempt using Batari Basic.  Looks like the game is fun from what folks are saying, so that is encouraging for someone who just released a game for the first time.  :)

onthinice

Ok, I am still trying to keep up with games released in the last century. So many new games coming out. Glad you are keeping us updated TrekMD.

TrekMD

Quote from: "onthinice"Ok, I am still trying to keep up with games released in the last century. So many new games coming out. Glad you are keeping us updated TrekMD.

It looks like there are ton of Intellivision games also scheduled for release as well. 

onthinice

That is good I just do not see much that I like coming out on the modern consoles.

TL

Quote from: "onthinice"That is good I just do not see much that I like coming out on the modern consoles.

I don't play modern consoles at all, the games just don't appeal to me. I like something I can pick up and play not spend a week on just to complete 1 level.

TrekMD

I finally downloaded this.  It is a simple shooter but boy does it get fast quick! 

onthinice

;DSo Laird your more of a Frog Pickle type of game player? Thanks for the update Trek!

zapiy

Interesting game concept. Does look good for a first attempt.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC