Any Arcade owners?

Started by zapiy, February 28, 2012, 08:04:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapiy

Wow that's awesome. I am jealous lol.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

avick

Just dipped my toe into this and bought my first cab.  It's in bits at the moment, although I've just finished rewiring it.  Need to make some modifications to the control panel that I managed to screw up, but it will be 2P 6 button.  I have a Pandora's Box 3 in there at the moment for testing, but I'd like to put my Hyper Neo 64 board in there, which hasn't been out of the box since I bought it.  I'll get some pics up when its in a more assembled state.

zapiy

Awesome. Where are u based?  Checkout ukvac.com. Awesome bunch and really helpful.

Own: Jaguar, Lynx, Dreamcast, Saturn, MegaDrive, MegaCD, 32X, GameGear, PS3, PS, PSP, Wii, GameCube, N64, DS, GBA, GBC, GBP, GB,  Xbox, 3DO, CDi,  WonderSwan, WonderSwan Colour NGPC

avick

I'm in Cardiff. Already a member over at jammaplus, although I do also browse ukvac. It's just having the time to get anything done - the missus won't let it in the house, and the lighting in the garage is crap.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

zapiy

Lol who wears the trousers? 

avick

Lmao. Her....obviously!!

zapiy

Dont worry I suffer the same. But I am aloud an arcade machine. Just not the retro gear in the house lol. And any arcade I get has to be near mint and look cool.

avick

Lol. My console stuff has taken over the spare bedroom and the attic. Apparently, an arcade machine in the house spoils the ambience - go figure. I ended up getting an old video gambling machine, but the guy I got if off had already had it resprayed at a paint shop, so it looks pretty reasonable.

zapiy

Post some pics of this can you got pal.

avick

Will do mate. Not pretty at the moment - jamma harness hanging out of the front, missing marquee holder and I drilled the wrong holes for the joysticks!

Shadowrunner

Cool that you got one! Looking forward to the pics :)

Papa

I also recently got a Pandoras Box.  Mine doesn't like the monitor in my HS-5, so I will likely build a cabinet for it with a switching power supply and a nice big VGA compatible flat screen monitor.  I've seen videos of it working great with monitors, but on my arcade machine it has terrible screen tearing and bad frame rates.  It also gives me no control over screen width and my screen only allows for vertical adjustments, so it boxes in the games (even with the ratio being proper!?!).  I love the selection of games and it appears to perform better with certain titles that the Blue Elf 09 pooped out on, so it was worth it.  I'll just need to put it in the proper setting to get the most from it.
And all the Who's down in Whoville will cry
"OH $#IT!"

avick

Yeah, mine has a VGA CRT in it and seems to work pretty well. I also have an upscaler ready to go into my cab to convert 15khz arcade signals up to VGA. Once I make a bit more progress, I want to try running the video from the jamma edge through the upscaler to see what the result is like.

Misfit

I made my own "arcade machine". Wood, old laptop and old monitor. My three daughters love it.
Of course you can not compare it to real thing. but it was a nice project.

Shadowrunner

Looks good. Very creative!